Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes HRP, 1934 Tudor. Was going to use a hemi but I had a change of heart. I'll use it in something else. I'll explain my strange behavior when I start the project thread on my sedan. It's going to be a little different than my usual and maybe a bit boring for most here. Mostly put together with stock parts off different 1948 and older cars with some detail work thrown in for good measure. I think it'll be fun for me but I'm having a heck of a time sourcing things I need right now. I don't know how the restoration guys do it. [S

Going "Traditional" I see! I guess you can't use my 51 Merc engine then. ;)

Going "Traditional" I see! I guess you can't use my 51 Merc engine then. ;)

I sure could use your 59AB though [cl. I can't find a good one locally and the few decent examples that I've found at distance will not ship. I already picked up a 39 trans but still need clutch and shifter parts.

Fiat005.jpg

It was 90 degrees with high humidity here today. However, the days are starting to get shorter. Can winter be far away? Time to start organizing the winter projects. My old fiberglass Fiat body made it's way from under the pine trees into the garage. This was prompted by the purchase of a narrowed 9" rear end at a recent swap meet. There will be a build thread later in the year.

E-Man, I was in the back seat of a '57 Chevy with a cute little girl on the way to see the Trashmen at Woodley's Country Dam in Wisconsin. I asked her to marry me. That was 46 years ago and she hasn't had the good sense to kick me out yet!

been off visiting

Since I bought a little 77 MGB to supplement my other two daily drivers, I have been sorting it out. Found a forum a lot like this called the MG Experience.

Tell you what, you get a couple of thousand people together talking about one single car model, and you got some knowledge.

I am amazed at how much info I can get here, but they can tell you the size of the nuts and bolts inside the speedometer on a 63 MG!

Different but interesting. Immediately, they started sending me info to join various clubs. Looking at their websites, you could see well dressed people sitting behind ropes guarding their cars at shows.

Pass, thanks. Just want a fun little car to drive!

alright Bob! i know i'll be loooking forward to that little project...[P

and 29, i know wat ya mean, there's something about those roped off cars at a car show that just make me want to walk past them--and out to the show parking lot to look over the driven-but-not-perfect cars ...

I hear that, HRP

alright Bob! i know i'll be loooking forward to that little project...[P

and 29, i know wat ya mean, there's something about those roped off cars at a car show that just make me want to walk past them--and out to the show parking lot to look over the driven-but-not-perfect cars ...

I went to a show in Woodland, WA last year, and saw some really nice cars. Then I went into the area where the show cars were. Walked around for a few, and went back out and cruised around the streets looking at the ones "what somebody drove".

And they were fantastic! They just looked like they were just about ready for the paint, and then maybe some..........

The occasional baby seat in the back, maybe a tool or two on the floor.

You know how that goes!

barely legal :D

:D don't know what YOU were thinking, but i was refering to my 46 ford truck now having its own permanent tag
we can now legally drive it anywhere the road may go, and the only thing that can stop us is an empty gas tank or a breakdown....or maybe a speeding ticket:eek:

and after only 10 years of working on it.......[P

now off to the next project....est. completion time=2021:rolleyes:[P

Fiat002.jpg

Gastrick, you know how plans change. Now thinking of making this thing a good handler. A-arm front suspension, NASCAR-type rear suspension. Full tube frame, NHRA legal. But street driveable. Since it is so small and has a severe built-in chop it is quite a challenge to meet all the objectives I have. It's also going to get doors and a roof.
I have been inspired by a number of current builds on RRR and hope to build something comparable.

Too Many Dodge Trucks On RRR

2007_0422CameraNew0010.jpg

There's so many nice Dodge truck builds on RRR that I figured I better unload mine.:D It just left for Wisconsin, under its own power a half hour ago. I'll miss it but I needed seed money for current projects.

Latest posts

Back