J type Bedford pick up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you are going to use the Triton cluster in a custom built dash? Good move as all gauges will be standard and the speedo will be fairly accurate, depending on your final tyre choice. You are really saving time and money building this with as much of the donor vehicle as possible. Great work!

Cheers
Andrew

Yep that way it'll just plug in and everything will work as it should with no extra wiring apart from head lights and turn signals etc. Will keep the tyre diameter as close to standard as well. Going by the rules the width can be as much as 275 I believe.

Got these in the mail today, might go put my rear glass back in.

Edit:

Rear glass now in (sore finger tips)

Last edited:
Not much, but I've got the instrument cluster in place, picking up some materials this weekend to build the dash around it. Also have the door handles to plan out and fit. Some cheap tyres to see how it sits 265/70 r15's paid $30, I'll get them fitted on my 15x8's this weekend too.

dsc00611q.jpg

dsc00612s.jpg

2657015.jpg

I've removed the suspension bases from the seats and will be mounting them lower to the floor. it's a much better position I think and still meets the design rules for line of sight to the ground.

Made a start on the center console today, working on a template for the dash and hopefully get that done tomorrow.

I scored a roll of dark brown carpet for free too, so guess what everything will be covered with inside the cab [cl

I do like wood grain, I want to keep as much of the face as possible but will need to pad some of it for legality. Here's a cross section of my plan, also the visor over the cluster will get padded too.

What ever happened to this? Thinking my next project might be along similar lines with v6 Holden running gear....

Latest posts

Back