latest bonehead metal project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a newer one. The movie is when it was first built, and now it has bells the chime in the wind, as it turns. We got this movie in a wind storm, so it is a little noisy. Click on the picture.

It is another wind toy... I may have a movie, but for now, here is a picture.
P1040536.jpg

More cool metal art from the Bonehead. My BH original skull shift knob sits next to my computer so I can enjoy it every day.

Here is the back story on the next one. Locally, in the small town I live in, there is a new recreation center being built. The seniors as a group have been saving money for a senior center for the town. The seniors saved and gathered aluminum cans for 12 years, and saved up $89,000. They decided to give their hard earned money to the town's rec center project, and they got a large meeting room, and a dance floor area too.
The city decided to honor the efforts of the seniors by having a sculpture made from the recycle barrels the seniors used to collect cans with. They put out a call for artists and I entered a few ideas. They ended up picking the one I called "Looking to the Future".
It depicts three kids playing pirate in a crows nest made from old barrels. So now I have recycled barrels from gathering recycled cans. The future, being our kids, are also represented. And the seniors ability to gather all those cans for all those years shows the vision they had to see the future. The sculpture stands 15 feet tall and can be walked under and around. The upper barrel is also a time capsule. The local school kids will have a chance to collect items to be placed in the time capsule, and almost ironically, they will be seniors when the time capsule is opened in 50 years.
looking2thefuture.jpg

lookingcloseup.jpg

That is good stuff!

What are the feathers on the top art?

...and ... uh ... what exactly is the skull supposed to be used for?

I believe he plasma cut the feathers ... I'd guess.

Again your art work is over the top.

Ratty 46

That is good stuff!

What are the feathers on the top art?

...and ... uh ... what exactly is the skull supposed to be used for?

Yes the feathers are steel, I travel in diverse circles, and recently displayed at the Indian Market Art Show in Denver. I cowboy up for the event, during the National Western Stock Show. It is a fun show and I get to talk to alot of people, and show off my work. The peice with the buffalo skull is full of little signs, and symbols. The circles represent the Earth, Moon, and Sun. The smaller colored glass on the left are the 12 months of a year, and so on. The skull is life, and death.

Latest posts

Back