MAIDEN Build. 46' IH Rat Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
46 international build

Hi, I have a 48 inter. Would you like to sell me that transmission in your truck? 203 558 3327 Thanks!

Attachments

• our puppys 008.jpg
    our puppys 008.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 18
Well, after much thought..... and I know at some point regret..... I'm not gonna use the Jag rear in my truck. Not because of any of my questions on installing it. Not because I don't want to use it. Not because of anything other than $$$. The more I look at the project, especially the rear, it's just gonna be too much $$$. By the time I figure out the gear swap in this thing, have the suspension rebuilt, brakes, it is just too much. Especially when I have a ready to go Explorer 8.8 with 3.73/Trac-Loc/Disc Brakes sitting right here. I wish $$$ wasn't an issue. The rear would already be mounted if that was the case. But it is, and I had to make a decision. I'm 42 and would like to drive this thing in my 40's ; ) If I use too many parts in my build that will require rebuilding before it's time to drive, then it's gonna take me that much longer to ever be able to get parts and be able to pay for labor on some of these thing. I'm bummed, but it is what it is. Maybe down the road if my $$$ situation improves I can swap a Jag rear back in. But for now, I'm gonna keep my project moving and toss in the Ford 8.8. Hopefully, all the work I did and starting this thread will help someone else use the Jag rear in a Harvester. The rubber mounts line up with the frame rails and it is a great option. Wish my Jag rear was not in need of a gear swap and rebuild so I could just use it.

It was more about the suspension for me. I really liked the idea of having it roll on the complete Jag setup. Rubber mounted the same as on the Jag. Bet the ride would have been incredible with the long wheelbase of the K3. Oh well. I can always do it later and then I will be able to see if it's an improvement or not on the ride quality.

Just wanted to post up an update. I know it's been a while. I am being forced to leave my home of the last 16 or more years and am in a bit of a scramble. Not sure where I'm going yet but I better figure it out soon. The truck is on hold for the moment although I have put most of it back together for the move. Tacked the rear leaf springs straight to the frame so it will roll. I am not sure if I will have room where I move to so may have to load it on a flat bed trailor and store it in a barn at the very ranch where the truck spent its first 40 years as a farm truck. The project is NOT dead, just on hold until I get through this crap. Custody battle, divorce, and losing a home is a taxing time for sure but I'm feeling like I'm moving in the right direction even though the road is very rough. Sorry for the delay but I will be back.

Been wondering about this build as I have really enjoyed it so far. Truly sorry to hear about your situation, that has to be tough :( Be there for your kids and we'll be here when you get back.
Best of luck to you.

Ray

tough situation for sure, been there myself..Hang in there, better times are ahead..and the truck will wait..I made the mistake of selling the tubbed big block 67 camaro I had just finished,regretted it ever since..

good luck,
Tim

Well, just wanted to post up an update. No work done to the truck as I've been moving. I ended up getting a perfect house for me. Although now I'm renting. But it's plenty big enough and I have a 2 car garage now!!! I'm yet to get the truck in the garage as I need to finish organizing/unpacking and all that. I did get the truck towed over yesterday so that's why I'm posting. It was nice to see it on the road again, even if it was being towed. I should be in business soon. the garage has 220 outlets all over for my welder so no excuses ; )

IMG_20110726_103013.jpg

IMG_20110726_103552.jpg

IMG_20110726_104014.jpg

IMG_20110726_104116.jpg

OK. Opinions needed. Found a guy online. Pretty local. Less than an hour away that is. He has a front clip and a bed for $300 I am interested in the bed more than anything. He said the floor, tailgate, and bed back are in bad condition but the bed sides are good. I'm really thinking about building a new bed with his bed sides since mine need a lot of work if i want the nice. Or should I roll it with the bed kind of beat up with character????

Build up Ur own.. ?

I'd save them 3 bennies, DIY on the bed ,-..WOW_ Is it just me ?-, or is that a 9' Bed ?LOL.. Btw- Kewl truck, post updates , & good luck too ! [S

I'm gonna get it even if it's just for spare parts. He has all 4 fenders and they look pretty good so it would be nice to have those. Plus his bed is in better shape than mine. It's the 8.5' model longbed. one of the things I love about this truck. Looks like a coffin.

Latest posts

Back