My 41 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I put it up on its stands the frame is at least 18" off the ground so it aint so bad. I would end up having to get under it to unbolt the trans anyways so at that point I might as well just take the tail cone off instead of pulling the motor.

Might have to scarifice one of your fun trips....

to do the not so fun stuff...lol....hey..life is way too short so enjoy man....you can fix that thing another day.....I think getting the tailshaft housing off is easier than pulling the motor and trans....JMHO.....:D

IMG_20130726_123913_377_zpse35a7997.jpg

Put old Black Betty to work and the Dodge was on the move again Friday. Drug it down the street for a while then back to Toledo to the barn.

IMG_20130726_193331_914_zpseb35ca56.jpg

Brought her with me to take it back to Toledo. She was excited she got to drive!

looks like she is way to comfortable in there...lol

So you store it / work on it in Toledo?? How far is it from you place?

Yes the was way to comfortable in there!!! And yeah sarge it lives in Toledo/Holland. I don't have a place for it where I currently live. Luckily I have some very good friends that let me keep it there. It is quite a cruise down to it, about 38miles. But my second job is practically next door so I go down before I have to be at work there and mess with it and on some days off. It is pretty secure there has a closed door in front of it and there is some one at that house all the time, as well as some very big dogs! Plus I go down there to play with ATVs and my RC stuff so it works out. Go work/play and its a good spot to spend the day.

Got something big in the werx right now.......... not wanting to let out too many details yet. Just didn't want anyone to think I had forgot about this sitting and the barn, or think that I was not making any progress. Still need to fix my trans, though. I don't see anyone jumping in line to do that for me. Now that the weather is calmed down some I may get started on pulling the tail off the trans here on Thursday.

Nahh things are good.

It was actually on the move because of getting it appraised.

-------------NOW--------------

I have one of those special green pieces of paper that says I am the owner of a 1947 Dodge WC!!!!

I went to the SOS Monday, turned in my paperwork I have been working on for the last couple weeks and they told me I could have the title! So I am almost on the count down for getting on the street!! I plan next friday to go and pull apart the back of the trans and try to get the bushing done as well as bolt of the drive shaft loop.

I am getting so close I can't hardly stand it!!!

DR I plan on it!!! I might not get it up there this year, but next year for sure! I am planning on hitting the streets at least one time this year just not sure when that will be yet! I still have some stuff to do before I can really consider it!

And POPs I don't know bout where you are at but what I did was relatively painless. In any case, GOOD LUCK!!!

GOT THAT MAGICAL PIECE OF PAPER IN THE MAIL THURSDAY!! Now I just need to get the trans leak fixed and get it plated and we are goin for a ride!!!

Went down friday to work on her a bit and ended up pretty much just being there to jack it up and then had to leave. I did screw around a little, replaced a couple bolts in the 4 link, for some reason some of the ones that came in the kit I used were too short :confused: ? But anyway I started to get at the bushing in the rear of the trans and then I realized that it is going to be a son of a B to get the tail cone off, need to support the trans and unbolt the tranny mount to do it, BUT, I guess there is a tool to do this and all you have to do is pull the drive shaft. Now I guess it is time for me to find that tool and just go that route!

Loaded up, on the move...........

IMG_20131020_180346_085_zps0d3e99db.jpg

Drug her to her new home last night. Told the old girl this is the last time, next time she goes down the road under her own power.

IMG_20131020_192737_463_zps5d1f4d14.jpg

So here she is sitting comfortably in her new home with her friends. Still need to get her off the trailer and find a hole to sit in, but need to get some other stuff put away first. But at least now she sits under my roof out my back door.

How did you get out when you loaded it on the trailer?
Nice to see you making progress on the move.

:mad: IS THAT SOME KIND OF FAT CRACK?!?!?!?!?! :mad:

I load it to the point that I can still get out, then put it in neutral and shut it off then push it the rest of the way. The trailer is not wide enough to haul it, it, the back won't fit through the fenders so it goes so far and then stops. Then I strap it and let the air out, pull it tight and it is ready to go.

Latest posts

Back