My 41 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• plumbers-crack.jpg
    plumbers-crack.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 51
:mad: IS THAT SOME KIND OF FAT CRACK?!?!?!?!?! :mad:

Hey I've seen a pic of you and you're BIGGER than me and I couldn't get out the window. Just saying..........".........................................."
Good to see your new digs.

Just messing with you dude....

:mad: IS THAT SOME KIND OF FAT CRACK?!?!?!?!?! :mad:

Or so I'm told.........

Sweet complete with back boobs!!!

With all your duck in a row are we going to see some driving video soon.

I really hope so..... unfortunately it will probably be next year........ :(

I've just read all 41 pages of your build, and I must say you've done a hell of a job there!!!! It's always a risk buying someone else's half done project, but you've pulled it off exceptionally well. Way back when you put the big sun visor on above the windscreen, it totally changed the look of the truck for the better. I love your truck, and you can be very proud of your workmanship. Congratulations on a sensational build, and thank you very much for sharing it with us all. Best wishes to you and your lady for many happy days cruising the streets in it.

Sounds like progress to me........that's more than I've done to my Willys in the last year!
Oh, and I'm still a little jealous over that shop too. :)
Hope 2014 sees ya on the road man, Happy New Year. :cool:

It is still around. Finally pluggin away on it again. A little anyway.

IMG_20140327_195945_870_zpsu1gph0uh.jpg

Got it up in the air again. Pulled apart the back of the trans. Got the tail housing out. Now just need to get the bushing and seal replaced.

IMG_20140327_154112_975_zpshwx3iazu.jpg

Side note. Never buy a project some one has already started. I learned some things yesterday that made me very unhappy.

Ive always been very worried about buying someone else's project. You never know what kind of half ass work you can find. I found some of that on my '52 Dodge truck that im building and it was sold as a restoration job that had been completed like 10 years before me buying it. Calling it a restoration job was a true insult to the word, the previous owner had no idea what he was doing. I unfortunately didn't find the issues until really tearing into the truck.

It looks like you're doing a great job of turning this into a nice rod. Keep up the good work.

-Chris

Neverdone, 'Now you tell me', not to buy someone else's partly done hotrod. [ddd I'm three weeks into one of Walter Chryslers finest. There's some very professional building on mine and some very amateurish rigging that was harder to find. :eek:
I want us to look at 'taking over a partly done project' in a different light. We will make a running hotrod out of something that would otherwise be just wasted. It may take some more work and more sleuthing to find the weird problems but there will end up a good running vehicle. :cool:

Neverdone, 'Now you tell me', not to buy someone else's partly done hotrod. [ddd I'm three weeks into one of Walter Chryslers finest. There's some very professional building on mine and some very amateurish rigging that was harder to find. :eek:
I want us to look at 'taking over a partly done project' in a different light. We will make a running hotrod out of something that would otherwise be just wasted. It may take some more work and more sleuthing to find the weird problems but there will end up a good running vehicle. :cool:

Good running AND COOL!!! [cl

since I have to work night shift for a few days I had to transition my self last night to stay awake for the night. What better way than to work on the rat till 5AM? Worked on making the trans mount removable so it can be bolted back in.

IMG_20140407_043549_459_zpsf9127352.jpg

Now just need to drill a couple holes in what is left of the old cross member so I can bolt this piece back in.

Also went back to work on modifying my valve cover. Can't be having the embarrassment displayed on top so this should be much better.

Need to cut a couple pieces of sheet to finish off the new design then buzz them on.

IMG_20140407_030555_741_zps1a3cc049.jpg

The last most exciting part is I stopped by a shop today with the tail housing for my trans. It took the old guy in there about 35 seconds to pop the old bushing out and slide a new one in. He knocked a new seal in the end for me too. All for the bargain price of free. Didn't hurt that I knew the guy from a few years back. Just didn't realize it!!! He actually remembered me. We used to mud race together about 8 years ago!! So fun to do a little catch up also.

Not a whole lot holding me back now from getting to the street! Need to grab some trans fluid reroute the trans lines and a few more odds n ends.

Getting Close!!!

Nice work Clay, not sure if the TURD thing is an inside joke or what not, but its funny!

Cool on the transmission, and the crossmember, a bolt in version is always your best bet for not having to pull other stuff to get the trans out.

Went back after it last night. Fit up the cross member bracket. Bolted that in and put the trans back together. Drive shaft back in and back on the ground. Still need to do some work with the trans cooling lines. Not sure how I want to fix those but something needs to happen.

Finished the valve cover, now just need to put that on. Hoping to get some trans fluid and a gasket tomorrow. Also stuff to change the oil.

Hopefully now I put trans fluid in and it stays in. Hopefully.

Getting closer to street! After this just some odds and ends to clean up I hope!

Latest posts

Back