My 41 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got back under it Monday to work on tranny lines. What a wasted day. Former owner had put hard lines coming off the trans and tied them to the frame!!! So decided to go ahead and fix this. But apparently I was too late. Grabbed a hold of the fitting to start backing the line out and the 90 degree elbow on the side of the trans broke off. Spent the rest of the day trying to get the fitting out. I got it. But by the time I got it out I was to ****ed off to do anything else.

Got back under it Monday to work on tranny lines. What a wasted day. Former owner had put hard lines coming off the trans and tied them to the frame!!! So decided to go ahead and fix this. But apparently I was too late. Grabbed a hold of the fitting to start backing the line out and the 90 degree elbow on the side of the trans broke off. Spent the rest of the day trying to get the fitting out. I got it. But by the time I got it out I was to ****ed off to do anything else.

I hear ya man, i think we've all had those days. A seemingly simple project turns into a royal PIA. At least you got the fitting out [cl

-Chris

well...................

New valve cover installed, oil changed, tranny fluid dumped in, tightened some bolts, and fired it up.

IMG_20140418_221021_019_zpshpo701r2.jpg

Sat there running pretty good, and well, couldn't resist temptation. Drove it down the street, about a mile to Ratchet041's house. It is a little bit of a rattly ride, but it was fun! The look on the wifes face was priceless as we cruised along! When we got home there were no signs of a tranny leak, will check on that tonight.

Sure is plenty of little stuff to do before it makes it on a longer cruise, but I guess maybe I need to think about getting plates and insurance.....

Trans issue seems to be dried up!!!!

Got the hardware swapped out in the back. Got some nice heavy drag plates put on the back just need to finish welding the inside. Need to finish my skid plate in the front so it doesn't hang down. Then........ not sure....... radio install maybe??

Front skid finished, painted (don't judge), and reinstalled. Bag valves are now nicely guarded. Welding in the drag plates, still a little bit that I want to do there so that they aren't huge snag points, plus paint them so that blend in a bit. Plus I want to do a little clean up in that area.

Pluggin along
train.gif

I WILL be at Billetproof!

Back on the ground last night. Still a little here and there to do. Got some clean up stuff done. Finished up the drag blocks. Need a little filler plate to put on the sides though to clean that up and make it look nice ish. Then a little paint. Runnin out of things that need done it seems.

Good luck ND & DR on your Billetproof goal.

We have a Billitproof a mile from my house first week in June. Hoping to have the Reo there. Might have to bring it in on a rope.:eek:

finished up my drag blocks, fixed an air leak in the dash, finished some clean up and reinforcement on the front suspension. filled a hole in the door. fired it up and let it run for a minute. Guess I am ready for the show. Would like a shake down run. Think I am going to start calling around about insurance.... any advice on that?

finished up my drag blocks, fixed an air leak in the dash, finished some clean up and reinforcement on the front suspension. filled a hole in the door. fired it up and let it run for a minute. Guess I am ready for the show. Would like a shake down run. Think I am going to start calling around about insurance.... any advice on that?

Don't know what to tell you on insurance. Haggerty's is near me so alot of the old cars guys go with them. Or Grundy. Not sure about a rat rod. I have always just run PLPD on my old stuff. No milage issues. No agreed value BS. But of course only minimal coverage . Good luck and keep us posted.
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back