My 41 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope your search goes well.
The insurance companies have decided to not cover ratrods. They can't seem to be able to put a price on these vehicles because, of all the different parts that have been used.
The insurance company I use, Shelter, said my 40 Pontiac was the last vehicle of it's type they were going to cover.
Sounds like we are going to have to use Hagerty, Grundy or one of these type of companies.

So this search is depressing. Seems that I will end up paying about double what I wanted to for insurance...... oh well.

On another topic. Where is a good place to find window moldings and such for this machine??

I went through my regular insurance company, I had the car appraised and my its insured for its appraised replacement cost. The policy is written as show car/classic. It's a full policy with glass , medical and uninsured max. 54$ a month

Last edited:
Free to good home!!

Walked out in the shop Saturday and it was painfully obvious by the pool rolling out from under the drivers door it is leaking trans fluid again.... Bout to give up on the hunk of $@#%^#^:&#$@#!@#%##$!!! Been to mad to try and figure out where it is coming from now. :(

Did you check the shifter seal? Fords are notorious for leaking from that shaft seal.

Replaced that a couple rears ago. Not coming from there.

Jacked it up, the only spot I seen a drip from was the dumb rear seal again, but from the weep hole in the back. I don't know........... :(

Check the driveshaft yoke, they get grooves in them.
Also a worn out tail shaft housing bushing can do the same thing. Replace both of them at the same time.

Moved the truck to a dry part of the shop floor to see where the drips are coming from. Vent is not plugged. Looks to be coming from the pan. Going to drain it, get a new pan gasket and try again. Getting real tired of this.

Hopefully the pan gasket will do it. Nothing worse than oil leaking when you park your prized possession at a car show. Good luck with it.

Latest posts

Back