My driver - gettin' some updates!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More exhaust!

Exhaust is really comin' together... u can also see my new QA1 shocks!

Attachments

• pipes.JPG
    pipes.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 25
  • under.JPG
    under.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
Definitely need a video with sound!! How's the insulation on your floor??

Got a call from the shop today saying the Chevelle's comin' together really fast now & should be able to fire that sucker up next week sometime. Will definitely take my video camera & record it coming to life! I am SO wired!!! Here's a little side view & the spiffed up trunk!

BoB

Attachments

• sideview.JPG
    sideview.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 18
  • trunk.JPG
    trunk.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 16
I'll say up front, that is a sweet ride. I drool at the pics. Now I gotta say I laughed when I saw the rags on the lift pads. :D I would love to own a vehicle that nice, but it's not in me to be that careful about a car.

Side note: I almost bought a pristine 58 Bonney once, but new I just didn't have it in me to take care of it like it deserved. Sometimes a man has to accept his limitations. Hats off to you guys that an take care of a beauty like that.

64-65 Malibu's are a highly over looked muscle car, and i don't know why. always been one of my fav Chevy body styles. a good buddy has one and they drive real nice too.....

sweet car Tripper;)

Hats off to you guys that an take care of a beauty like that.

Sam,
Gotta tella ya... I drive the snot outta this car & use it as my daily driver. In '07 I went through 2 engines, 2 trannies & a rear end. In '08 I went from a lead foot to a aluminum foot!!! Now with this much HP I hope I don't go back to my old ways!!! :eek::eek:

64-65 Malibu's are a highly over looked muscle car, and i don't know why. always been one of my fav Chevy body styles. a good buddy has one and they drive real nice too.....

Imp,
Thanks, I wanted a '64 in high school but my parents got a Nova instead & I wanted one evey since. This car came along & I just fell in love with it & here we are! :D:D

BoB

sweet car Tripper;)

Love your car Trip, reminds me of kid whose parents owned the donut shop when I was in H.S. bought one new, promptly put a straight axle and 427 in it, one of 2 cars that could lift the front wheels leaving school :eek: :eek: the other was a 50s willys panel with a screaming sbc

Gettin' close!!!

Yep... gettin' close! Hope to retake possession next week!

BoB

Attachments

• close.JPG
    close.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 43
Man, you've got a lot of coils!:D The engine compartment looks great. Will you be able to make a video so we all can hear it run? BTW, I believe you had the Panel Gasser in a show and never posted pics of it. It's just not right.;)

Sam,
Gotta tella ya... I drive the snot outta this car & use it as my daily driver. In '07 I went through 2 engines, 2 trannies & a rear end. In '08 I went from a lead foot to a aluminum foot!!! Now with this much HP I hope I don't go back to my old ways!!! :eek::eek: BoB

I can hardly wait for the upcomming stories you will have to tell. :D

Will you be able to make a video so we all can hear it run?

Bob,
I made a video & will post it tomorrow. I hope it comes out as good in the vid as it really sounds!

BTW, I believe you had the Panel Gasser in a show and never posted pics of it. It's just not right.;)

Whoops... my bad! I'll look back & see if I can find one! :eek:

I can hardly wait for the upcomming stories you will have to tell. :D

Oh yeah... I'm sure I'll have some good ones in *no* time!!! :eek:
BoB

Thanks Tripper! That tune will be dancing in my head all day..vrRRIMmmmvvrrRRRIIMmmmm...music to my ears!!:cool:

535-540hp...sounds like about 300 more than what you need...you should just give the extra to me seeing as how you have ledfootitis and we wouldn't want that to become inflamed again.;):D

Cards,
LS motors have a coil pack for every slug. I upgraded to the MSD coil packs + I'm running a MSD 6A-2 spark box for carbed LS motors.

BoB

Ok Maybe I need to explain my question...........lol I can see that each plug has a coil. I however know NOTHING of newer motors only pre '77 once you get into vacuum and electronic Brains I'm lost. HOW do they hook up? how do they fire. Special Distributor? Can this be done to a SBC SBF etc.

Ok Maybe I need to explain my question...........lol I can see that each plug has a coil. I however know NOTHING of newer motors only pre '77 once you get into vacuum and electronic Brains I'm lost. HOW do they hook up? how do they fire. Special Distributor? Can this be done to a SBC SBF etc.

Crank triggered "distributor" and computer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_LS_engine

Latest posts

Back