My driver - gettin' some updates!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crank triggered "distributor" and computer.

Yep... no dizzy... all computerized. Reads off a 58X crank trigger. The MSD box has 6 different advance curve pills or can be hooked up to a computer to set custom ones and *very important for me*... a rev limiter! :eek:

BoB

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! A beautiful sound. Congrats Bob. Sounds like an animal.

Gastrick,
Thanks... doesn't sound as nasty as yours though. That's the only thing about a computerized setup... no nasty idle! I plan on takin' it around the block tomorrow so see if I can scare myself a little!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

OMG!!!

Well... I drove my Chevelle for the 1st time in a long time but it was definitely worth the wait! It is wicked fast & not even broken in yet. My old motor would run on Plus grade gas but this bad boy wants Premium. Take a little ride around the block with the old Tripper but please excuse the funky video as I was holding the camera & driving too. Can't wait to hit the streets with this bad boy... it has a very lumpy idle! I saw a Monte Carlo SS come up behind me so I thought I'd get to show off a little... whoops... it was a really kool cop just getting off from work. We chatted at the light & I eased away! :D:D:D

Tripper's 1st drive!

BoB

That was better than a ride along. It was like being in the driver's seat.:D It sure looks, sounds and obviously performs great.

NICE!

Of course it wants good gas. I think those engines have something like a 10.5:1 compression ratio :).

Nice ride Bob. I see you didn't waste any time jumping on it. Don't worry about break in so much. Those LS engines have roller cams don't they?

OMG! That think is wicked. Man that is going to be a ton of fun. A guy could get himself into some real trouble with a machine like that.

You mean to tell me that you got a car that has shiney paint on it.....OMG.....
I just don't know what to think about this...

Just kiddin Tripper, that car is BAD@$$

Gettin' close!

Here she is after some passenger 1/4 panel rust repair, suspension updates with new mags & rubber.

BoB

Attachments

• shop.jpg
    shop.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 34
oh thats sexy Tripp. First time that ive noticed the ghost flames, very nice ride. The day i come back down to houston, im so calling you up for a ride in that monster. I wanna be "scared", :D.

oh thats sexy Tripp. First time that ive noticed the ghost flames, very nice ride. The day i come back down to houston, im so calling you up for a ride in that monster. I wanna be "scared", :D.

Arkansawer... come on down. Yep... it's pretty scary... trust me!!! I'm sure I'll have changed rear tires a time or two by then!!! :D:D:D

BoB

A lil update!

Thought I'd give a lil report since I've had the car back a couple of days now. This motor is unbelievable!!! It starts up like a dream, has a slightly choppy idle & is pretty docile until u hit the go petal & then OMG!!! It has an incredible power band... straight up from idle to the 6600 red line & surprisingly... it gets pretty good gas mileage. It's a pleasure to drive & is like a wild animal... ready to pounce at any time!!! 0-60 in less than 4 sec!!! I'm... er... smilin' big!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Latest posts

Back