newb with w 48 international

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

back from the dead

im an ex F-body guy, thats converting to the ratrod scene. ive always wanted to build a ratrod. from the time i entered wyotech, but i still had the itch for speed. after building a S/C 383 LT1 camaro, and built 02 SS camaro with a 67 mm turbo, im coming to this. i picked up a 1948 harvester internation on line. most of the work is done. body on frame, engine and tran wire and ready to drive. needs windshield and headlights and tailights to be on the road. it was an ebay bought vehicle, so i have now idea what im getting into til i pick it up.
its basically cab on frame, the bed sides are there no fenders on the front or rear. now i know i wanna chop the top on this thing, and ive heard the trm channel and notch , not exactly sure what it all means if you guys could point me in the right direction that would be great. im very good with metal fab so id be doing all of it myself. just need some direction.
ill post pics up of the ride asap. and when i do please dont make fun of the makeshift headers the guy has on there...they will be fixed.lol
thanks everyone
justin

Welcome to RRR, looking forward to the pics. Don't worry about these guys and gals they might give advice (wanted or not) but they wont run you down.

building frames

my main focus right now is building a proper frame for this thing. i ver knew to this, and searching i have figured out what z'ing the frame meant, now id like to learn what channeling it meant. i love the look of a rod slammed and chopped, most like anyone. flat black with red rallys and white walls. some ratfink tall gear shifter sticking to the roof. maybe street signs for the floorboard. i dont plan on runnning fenders on it.the truck come with a running 350 and a turbo 350 trans, with a 12 bolt rear, posi or not idk. not too concerned at the moment.
this winter id like to tear into this thing and start making it my own. if anyone could point me in the right direction on learing some of this stuff id grately appreciate it. i am a graduate of wyotech, im a youngster 25. but ive been into old cars my whole life with my father. i recently just purchased a 78z28 stripper car 4spd. came with no options which is rare. it had 75k miles on it. although i know this isnt what this forum is about, i thought i was cool because its the car he had when he met my mother. 25 years later still married and im still alive.lol
thanks guys id really appreciate the help

Latest posts

Back