Not going to believe this....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpontiac

Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'
After a number of foot pursuits this year on these 61 year old legs.....apparently what I thought was a slight sprain I thought I had in my knee turns out to be a torn lateral tendon and torn maniscus......spelling not correct I'm sure....so into the orthopedic surgeon on Monday....see what he wants to do....off work till I get word..... hopefully it will be a orthoscopic repair and a few weeks of rest and rehab and back to it.....guess my mind says I'm 40 but my body is telling me I'm not :eek:...LOL....first workmens comp type injury in my 24 years on the job.........:D

My brother has that fix done... made a world of difference. they anchored the tendon and removed the shredded cartlidge. my other brother tore his stepping out of a truck while turning he had to have his re anchored too.
I just replace the drywall screw in mine couple times a year and pump it full of jello with a grease gun I'm okay

Ouch ! Hope you heal ok. It's amazing what they can do these days, and sports medicine has had a lot to do with it. They patch those football players up and in a couple of weeks they are running around like nothing ever happened.

I don't know if you recall, but about 5 years ago I was picking up the corner of the Dodge pickup I was building at the time and I felt something like a spring uncoiling in my left arm. Turns out I tore the bicep off of the bone in that arm.

A customer of mine is one of the best orthopedic guys in the world , people come from all over to train under him. I called him up and he got me an appointment with his partner who did the repair. I had it in a sling for a few months and a few times I moved it accidently and saw stars. But it healed and has never given me a problem since. It did end my modeling career though. :D

Get the right surgeon, take lots of time to let your body heal, and you will be fine. Good luck.

Don

Man I am right there with. I find out Tuesday what they are going to do with my knee. Sure puts a damper on working on the build. But hey getting parts ordered and research done.

Hope everything works out good for you man I knowi am worried about what they have to do

Ever heard Little Feats song... 'Old Folks Boogie'... 'You know that u're over the hill... when u're mind makes a promise u're body can't fill'! [ddd[ddd[ddd

I'm definitely there!!!

BoB

Good luck Sarge, I've had one of mine repaired before, its not too bad!
As was said earlier, don't overdo!!

Folks I think we'll be looking at another Post Ho soon!! :D

Well heck Sarge, Ya just have ta adjust the speed of your pursuits to the actual age of the engine :rolleyes:
I had mine repaired arthroscopically years ago and have had no trouble out of it since.
No substitute for the best in this case either, so no HF stuff here [ddd

Did you get it on video? I always wonder what it looked like...
You know...
The proverbial one legged man in an ass kicking contest :D

Be thankful you have meniscus to repair! Both my knees are SHOT and meniscus is a distant memory, basically ground down to nothing. Fun stuff.

I expect they can patch you up with a scope job, but whatever they do I hope you are good as new when it's over. Here's to a speedy recovery, and get some young guns to do that pursuit nonsense before you become Robert T. Ironside.

Wheel me over to the next crime...

Sorry I've taken so long to respond....

Sergeants aren't supposed to be chasing people around. :D Hope it's not too serious and you are back on your feet soon.

I've heard that Gas but seems around here the number of younger bodies to chase for me seems to be a wee bit low....lol..... Doc says my knees are surprisingly good for an old cop with many miles..... :D Surgery is next Friday and then about a week to let it heal a bit, then 2 to 4 weeks of lite duty (which we don't have and i will have to fudge some). Tripper and Doc you're right...need to find the youngen's to do this stuff....I've always said I'd back away when I can't do the job anymore....but I guess there is other aspects of this job other than running after the bad guys....lol...Everyone, Thanks for the thoughts and I'm sure I'll be "back in the saddle again".... :D (Gene Autry song for you young folk)..LOL

Back