Reverse Trikes-Ace-Morgan-Can Am

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA41

Can Am is making a big advertising push for their reverse trike, and they have claimed its a big imrovement over the standard 3 wheeler.

I like weird stuff like the Ace and Morgan 3 wheelers which are sold new for huge $s. Being the junker I am I naturally did that " aww hail--I can make one of those from a FWD car" :p (its a disease)...

Anyone seen/rode/built/considered one of these rigs?

Opinions?

Thanks

PA41

Attachments

• reversetrike-tryker-tom-carmody1.jpg
    reversetrike-tryker-tom-carmody1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 25
  • boattailtrikers.jpg
    boattailtrikers.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Detalidon_3trike.jpg
    Detalidon_3trike.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 25
  • model8ss.jpg
    model8ss.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 19
  • model11f2.jpg
    model11f2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 19
  • PembletonSuperSports2.jpg
    PembletonSuperSports2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 19
I think they are interesting for putting around town. I'd still be worried about stability at high speeds.

Too bad we don't have alot of Citroen 2CVs over here, they would make great donors for something like this. I think the standard inline 4 arrangement like on most FWD cars would look really funny (too wide) - it would have to be a V-twin, inline engine turned longways or a flat 2 to look right.

Since they are categorized as motorcycles, I'm sure there are all kinds of benefits from an inspection/emmissions standpoint. On the downside, I think you'd have to get a motorcycle license to drive one. [S

Subliminal message to PA41..Finish the Bentley first..Finish the Bentley first:D:D:D just messin around, but that is one of the coolest projects in my opinion

I like the Spyders, Hope there still around when I get old and want something a little more stable.LOL
Can%20Am%20Spyder.jpg

Then there is the whole car front end thing too.
peugeot_20cup_3.jpg

I had a ride in a 3 wheeled morgan when I was a kid and took a test ride on a Can am last year.
The Can am is like a Caddilac compared to the Morgan like a pinto..no comparison but !!!! the morgan was a blast.

as an avid 2 wheeled motorcyclist I think the can-ams are hideous! Like having training wheels on it. I saw a pack (hoard? gaggle?) of 4 of these things and they were all pulling trailers. So now they have more wheels and less space than a jeep but are twice as long![S I don't get them at all..........

All that stuff is way overpriced,I would never buy any of them just because that alone.

Latest posts

Back