running errands in your rod, how much extra time do you plan in for lookie loo's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor hops on his 80cc dirt bike and makes a couple laps around the neighborhood everyday after he gets off work. That's his therapy. He can't even lift his arm to wave or the weight shift will tip him over! I like to wave at him. [ddd

you need a peashooter.
make sure and have a camera ready.
cuz we wanna share the fun

I went to the hardware store to return 2 hole saws I did not need 4 blocks away and it to 3.5 hours to get home. My wife showed up on her Harley and asked how long I would be, she wanted to go riding with me, after a few min. she just took off without me.

Driving

I drive my rod every day it doesn't rain. and have been since I built in 2007, December was the launch date. in all that time the only break down was eating a NEW radiator from crossing the railroad tracks at 45 mph.moved it back and its running fine since. Some of you might remember my 47 truck and 5th wheel trailer[S well I'm building another one 67 Chevy chassis with a 47 ford cab and a old stile utility bed like some of the old gas station trucks.
Next year I plan to take my rod on a trailer around the country to the rat rod shows, I keep seeing on RRR. as before I will start posting pictures on the build section this next week. I encourage you guys to check out my rat rod build in the Build section. you can see my rod and my 47 truck too, search DougnDog. looking forward to talking to you guys again.:)
DougnDog

Errands

Answered an ad on Craigslist for two wheels Friday. Naturally, I drove the wagon.

Turns out the seller and I had met years ago. He remembered the shorty wagon, and I remembered his '65 Dart convertible. It has been a few years, but was great to see Bob again. He also has lots of projects, and we talked for probably an hour after I actually bought the wheels.

Isn't it more about the people than the cars anyway?

Thanks for the positive feedback on the wagon. People here get it. [cl

People at the Lawn Chair Nationals don't. [S

440shorty

Thanks for the positive feedback on the wagon. People here get it. [cl

People at the Lawn Chair Nationals don't. [S

440shorty

Maybe if you instantly pop the hood and then break out the feather duster? [ddd

Last time I went to a CL ad I spent 3 hours talking rods with the guy.

My stepbro had a beater 68 camaro and was drivin home one day and a statie drove by him and after a few seconds of driving side by side he motioned to him and he kicked his car dwn and took off.
my bro just kept cruisin so the trooper slowed and got by him again. He motioned and actually wanted my bro to race!
they both kicked em dwn and tookoff. After a mile of triple digit speeds the trooper slowed and thumbs uped him and turned off.
i couldnt believe it. RR

I haven't been driving my peterbilt very long now, so I have been enjoying the attention. But today I found out how much more fun it is taking the longer backroad route around town with no thumbs up, rather than going through town with the thumbs ups.

Hi Everyone

I have yet to drive any of my projects that I have going on but I hope I dont have to stop and chat everytime I am out trying to get from point "A" to point "B". I dont have time to BS about cars. (I work way more hours and days than most folks do).
It is bad enough the flack I get from the guys when I put my red steel wheels (studded snow tires on them) on my daily driver (1999 S10) for the winter monthes. I hear it everyday "hey red wheels". Dont even wanna put them on in the fall anymore.
Tell me it isnt true.

MikeC

don't drive it

'' l dont have to stop and chat everytime I am out trying to get from point "A" to point "B". I dont have time to BS about cars. MikeC

here is the only solution l found with out being rude to people, l don't drive it, l drive the other car.

maybe just find a polite way to tell people you are in a hurry, remember we are the ambassadors of our ''Sport":D

Later :cool:

'' l dont have to stop and chat everytime I am out trying to get from point "A" to point "B". I dont have time to BS about cars. MikeC

here is the only solution l found with out being rude to people, l don't drive it, l drive the other car.

maybe just find a polite way to tell people you are in a hurry, remember we are the ambassadors of our ''Sport":D

Later :cool:

in a hurry i drive my regular car or truck.
my rod is my fun time toy
and that means i got all day to goof around....

My point exactly. Its like playin in a band and gettin mad cause people come to watch you. If i cant bs a minute between trips then id just keep it at home. RR

I drive mine every chance I get and don't mine the attention .
I like to tell people about my 41 ford and .it was a piece of sh*t when I
got it and I make a safe drivable car out of it. Some may not like it and some may, but then I may not like theirs,purrty little toys that someone else built
for them.
RAT ROD RULES

Hi Everyone

I have yet to drive any of my projects that I have going on but I hope I dont have to stop and chat everytime I am out trying to get from point "A" to point "B". I dont have time to BS about cars. (I work way more hours and days than most folks do).
It is bad enough the flack I get from the guys when I put my red steel wheels (studded snow tires on them) on my daily driver (1999 S10) for the winter monthes. I hear it everyday "hey red wheels". Dont even wanna put them on in the fall anymore.
Tell me it isnt true.

MikeC

Well then slow the hell down, take some time to enjoy the journey, engage people along the way. Life isn't about scurrying from point A to point B, it's about enjoying the aroma of life at every given opportunity. You are missing it.

Boy I remember going to 7-11 every morning to get my coffee fix before work driving my Suburban. Id back it in to the parking space,lay the truck on the ground,then shoot the flamethrowers out of lake pipes.It would draw at least one admirer every time.And I can talk"cars" with anyone. About once a week Id be late for work by forgetting about the time. Yeah my boss was used to it .

Latest posts

Back