running errands in your rod, how much extra time do you plan in for lookie loo's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
l love taking out the truck when the weather is good.:D

took it out yesterday to do some errands and a 45 minute trip took 3 hours.

l really like to talk to people about hot rods so it don't bother me if they want to look and visit for a while.

l meet some great folks this way, and l like the stories some people have about how they had/have what you are driving around.

Later :cool:

I took mine out yesterday just to run to the store to get some pop and when I came back out there were a couple of guys that asked if they could take pics of it LOL

Any chance I get I take mine out and just do my runnin around in it

l love taking out the truck when the weather is good.:D

took it out yesterday to do some errands and a 45 minute trip took 3 hours.

l really like to talk to people about hot rods so it don't bother me if they want to look and visit for a while.

l meet some great folks this way, and l like the stories some people have about how they had/have what you are driving around.

Sounds about right, my wife has gotten used to me being gone longer when I drive the coupe.

What is great though, when you come out of place and someone is waiting to talk to you about the car, and tells you they have some parts you might want.

I ended up with a 6x2 671 blower top that way...... thing is way cool, someday, I may do more with it than hang it on the shop wall. [S

IMAG0012.jpg

Oh yea, I take my 40 out as much as I can.
I'm addicted to the folks given thumbs up or wantin to talk about old cars :eek:

I'm not rude but have become really good at cutting things short & getting on down the road! I never mind questions but I'm usually short of time so I've learned it for self defense! [ddd

Toad

Aren't you guys worried about ruining your patina?!

ya confuse me, sam :confused:

how would that ruin our patina[S

Driving your cars. I mean are you worried about getting scratches and stuff? I have to take at least a 1/2 hour to feather dust mine after I've parked it. And rain .... do you have any idea how hard it is to squeegee rust!!? :eek:

Seriously, I love getting gas in my car. Everybody kinda stares. Every once in a while an old guy will talk to me, the middle ages guys usually just say 'cool car', and the young guys just can't figure it out what to say. Mexicans (all ages) get it the most - it is a low rider.

I usually don't drive mine if I am in a hurry because inevitably it will take much longer but it sure is a good way to meet more gearheads :D

I think the best part is driving around and stumbling across a gathering of corvettes in a random parking lot.
Flip a u turn and cruise through the lot browsing all the shiny Chevy power. Though you don't get the GOOD looks that way :rolleyes:

I try to drive my 27 every couple of days or so and I am like Toad, I have gotten better about keeping the conversations brief. I am not rude and thank them for their compliments, but after a while I just put one leg over the side and get in. That usually wraps it up.

A am not too fond of cruising with Dan any more though. His car gets all the attention and I end up sitting in mine while he talks with people. :eek: Oh well, I guess it is his turn to shine. :D

Don

The Off Road Rolls is Right Hand Drive. When my son was 6 or 7 we used to take it out with him riding shotgun. I'd give him an old steering wheel to hold up and his head just barely cleared the dash. Man did we get some looks [S

I try to drve mine as much as possible. I usually try to plan a few minutes in for conversations when going to the grocery store and walmart. After a while you learn how long to talk and visit depending on the person. Most of all, I like the older crowd. they always " had one kind of like her" in their day. At least that brings back memories for them and it blesses me.

Most of all, I like the older crowd. they always " had one kind of like her" in their day.

I get a lot of "I had one EXACTLY like that back in the day. Except mine was a Chevy. And blue. And had a dualie rear axle. And....." :)

The trip 20 minutes down the road to pick up this sheet of roofing yesterday took over 2 hours [cl

IMG_0625.jpg

i have found that some of my rigs biggest fans are lil old ladies.
they always say it reminds them of the one thier boyfriend had back in the day
or something like that.
and more than a few folks ask to take a photo.
bikers seem to like it too.

running006.jpg

Id think getting attention in it would be the biggest reason to drive it. Kinda like bein a star with the paparozi around. If you dont like attention...keep it home. :DLol rr

Id think getting attention in it would be the biggest reason to drive it. Kinda like bein a star with the paparozi around. If you dont like attention...keep it home. :DLol rr

yep
my gal loves going for drives with me.
she says it makes her feel cool

Latest posts

Back