Still Making Progress On My T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The are Firestone 10:00 x 15 DOT approved slicks. Coker Tire is where I bought them, about $ 260 per tire. I tell you, those babies are HEAVY !! When I pick them up to mount the wheel and tire I really am happy when I see the wheel lugs sliding into the holes. :eek::D:D

Don

Attachments

• t rear tires mounted and balanced 006.jpg
    t rear tires mounted and balanced 006.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 38
Thanks Flat.

No 24dodge, it is a knock off that I bought for $ 75 from Vintage Speed. I agree that it looks like the old H and S, and is the reason I bought it. He had it sitting on his counter at Turkey Run and I liked the old time looks of it. The quality is actually pretty good too.

There website seems to be down, but here is their number:

VINTAGE SPEED - 1916 63RD CT VERO BEACH, FL 32966 - (772) 778-0809

BTW, there have been reports that they are very slow to ship, that is why I only buy from him at shows.......I can pick up the part right there. :D I only mention that in case you wanted to order something from Charlie.

Don

I know charlie , he`s a good guy , just very busy..... I wanted to give you a tip if you ever want to give it a try , you can make one of those air cleaners if you have a 10" base , an air filter and one of these cake covers like your mom used to have in the kitchen , you can pick them up for .50 cents at the second hand stores. the ones from the 50`s or 60`s are usually stainless or chrome.

Attachments

• 8bd6_1.jpg
    8bd6_1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 29
Oh sure...........NOW YOU TELL ME !!! :D:D That's pretty cool looking, never gave that a thought. But do the gas fumes make the cake taste funny when the Mrs. finds it and repossesses it?? :rolleyes::D

Don

Tonight Dan and I went to the shop and just "played." Neither of us felt like getting serious today, so we just slipped his body back on the frame so he could figure out how big the shifter hole needed to be. On my T I reinstalled the gas pedal and was happy to find I had more room between it and the brake pedal than I thought I would have. The driving position is actually pretty comfortable.

I also wanted to see what the rear looked like with the aluminum gas tank installed, so we put it on. I like the looks of it back there, gives it a "Purposeful" look, I think. Wanted the car to look like it was meant to run down the salt flats, sort of, and I think it is somewhat like that.

We also played around with some scallops for the sides of the body. I am going to paint the body satin black, and Dan suggested I paint scallops in the same color as the engine and running gear. He quickly laid out a little design on it with tape, and I think I like it. After I spray it with black, then the Orange, I can have a pinstriper lay a white outline on the edges. It makes it look lower and like it is moving when standing still IMO.

We'll see. Once I spray the body I'll have a better idea of what to do.

Don

Attachments

• PopsT1003.jpg
    PopsT1003.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 47
  • PopsT1015.jpg
    PopsT1015.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 47
  • PopsT1005.jpg
    PopsT1005.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 47
Check this out.........a member on CHR was nice enough to do a computer deal on the picture I posted of my proposed scallop paint job. It really gives me a better perspective of if this is what I want to do.

I'd like some honest feedback, what do you all think??? You can be brutal, I'm feeling tough today. :D:D

Don

Attachments

• PopsTPAINTED.jpg
    PopsTPAINTED.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 55
I think that looks great , I would outline the scallop with white or maybe even silver to tie it in with your headers , either way I like it.....

Yeah, white outline is the plan. I think I'll have a local pinstriper guy I know do that, and some other stuff, like the headlights and dash maybe.

Don

Close!

Don,
I can feel the excitement now! You are soooooo close I'm sure you are very excited to know you'll be in the driver's seat really soon!

Rattler

Thanks guys. Yep, I am excited. It's been 7 looooooooooooooooooong years since I tore my '27 apart, and it will be nice to have something that actually moves when you step on the gas. :D:D:D I am getting pretty stoked. I am also happy that my Son is getting close too.

Don

Man, I've been off the forums lately. Been taking care of some other stuff & staying on the forums makes me want to spend money, lol.
Don, I'm glad to see you still making good progress. That's shaping up to be one sharp ride. I can't wait to see the pics of you with the wind in your face.

Thanks Mod. Just to get the effect, I'll put my big floor fan in front of the grille and get a picture for you. :D:D

Yep, I think I'm getting close. Just had an upholstery guy come look at it the other day, so once I get some paint on it and get the seats done it will be all little stuff. (It's that little stuff that I hate doing :() I've got some engine parts coming so I can test fire the motor, hopefully in the next two weeks. Maybe I can get a picture of fire coming out of the headers. :D

Don

Vid that fire-up!!!

I've got some engine parts coming so I can test fire the motor, hopefully in the next two weeks. Maybe I can get a picture of fire coming out of the headers. :D

Don,
Please video tape that 1st fire-up!!! I'd love to see that! It's a real defining moment for me & know a bunch of guys who even mark down that time... when the monster finally comes to life! I love it!!!

BoB

I always love to first time a fresh motor fires off...
That big ole cam talking to ya..."gimmie some gas, gimmie some gas, come on right foot gimmie some gas"

An audio would be way cool of the event. A video would be even better....

I plan on doing that. My Son bought me a new camera for Fathers Day, and it does videos too, so I'd like to do a You Tube thing for the first fire up and first around the block drive.

Usually, when I get a car running for the first time I take the phone into the garage and call everybody I know so they can listen to it. Pretty nuts when you think about it, but fun anyway.:D:D:D

Don

Latest posts

Back