Still Making Progress On My T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Flat. You betcha on the burnout. I always try to break in a new engine easy, but as soon as the car gets rolling that first time something inside me snaps, and my foot goes through the floorboard. When I got my '27 running, I put two black streaks up the driveway and almost took out my wifes washer and dryer trying to get stopped. :D :D

I bet I'm not alone in that affliction. :D :D

Don

Really lookin' sharp!

Don,
That is really lookin' sharp!!! Love the color... must look really good in the sunshine!

BoB

Thanks Bob. Yeah, it's kind of briight. :D In the sun the flake comes out pretty good. I had my doubts as I was spraying stuff, some days I would like it and other days I wasn't so sure. But now that more and more is painted, I think it will be ok. I wanted this car to not be "safe" cosmetically like my others, and be on the edge a little. I think I got that somewhat. We'll see.

Don

My Kid bought me a new digital camera for Fathers Day (early) and now I can post some brighter pictures. My old camera was getting worn out from all my Ebay stuff I sold and the zillion car pictures I have taken.

Here is a current picture, with the new camera. Much better picture quality.

Don

Attachments

• t misc pictures 2 003.jpg
    t misc pictures 2 003.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 62
I picked up my new driveshaft yesterday, all 17 inches of it. :) Originally I was going to paint it the same orange as all the other driveline parts, but the black paint really looks ok, and you don't even see one inch of it when the body is on.

They did a nice job, got it done in one day, and it only cost me $ 218.00. They had to supply everything, as I didn't even have the yokes.

My new goal is to fire the engine by mid July. We'll see how that goes. :rolleyes:

Don

Attachments

• ebay 006.jpg
    ebay 006.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 54
Looks nice Don. I've been waiting for an update. FWIW, I think the driveshaft looks just as good black anyway. Plus it's easier to touch up and deal with if you ever have to change u-joints. Especially since you are building it to be a regular driver.

Why don't you aim for the 4th of July for your first fire-up. With the fireworks and all, it'll be great.

Thanks Don...

That T is really looking good Don.
Keep posting those pictures with that new camera !!!!
Thanks for all the effort you have put into this thread on both KB & RRR.
I have read this from the very beginning and have enjoyed and learned from it. '22

Thanks guys. If I wasn't tied up with the move we are making, I probably could fire it by the 4th, but this thing has us all messed up. The movers are coming Wednesday at 8 AM and I have a lot to do before then.

I've moved my timetable up to November. The car will be running for Daytona, and anything else before they is gravy. I've been without a rod for 7 years, so a few more months won't hurt too much. :(

I wheeled the body near the garage door today. Going to slip over there for a few hours tomorrow and start fiberglassing the underside of it. I don't think it will take much to get it ready to start bodywork. I want to do it outside to keep the dust and dirt down, so Sundays are my best shot with nobody being in the industrial park and all.

Don

Chr...?

Thanks, Flat. I assume that is Custom Hot Rodder? :confused:
I do have time to read in Russia, so it will be like reading a good book !;)

That thread at CHR kind of begs the question then. Did the Under 3000 build forum on KB orginate with Don and his goal? Just somewhat curious on that.

Hey guys, I'm finally back on the internet. We moved starting last Wednesday, and are still living out of boxes somewhat. Our computers wouldn't work here, so we had to get Comcast involved last night. I hate moving, but it is finally over, and the new place is much better........more room and quieter.

As for the $ 3000 thing. No, it was on Killbillet when I got there. It was coincidently just the same limit I had set. As you can see, I changed my mind half way through, and never made it, but I plan to build the '30 cowl and doors I have into a contender sometime down the road. I've got some stored up parts just waiting to do that build.

Now, if I could just find half of my belongings at the apartment, I would be ok. :confused::confused::confused::D

Don

Thanks Bill. I really missed being able to use my computer. Had to actually watch TV for a change. :eek::eek:

In the next day or so I am going to get back on my T. Time to start the final fiberglassing and bodywork. After all, TURKEY RUN IS COMING QUICK !! :D:D

Don

Yesterday I started prepping the underside of the body so that I can lay a couple of layers of glass under there. It will waterproof it and make it stronger too. I also need to glass and finish the inset I cut into the rear of the body where the frame kickup goes. It is just raw plywood now, but I am going to glass it in and finish it with body filler so it looks like part of the body.

I had to trim some of the plywood yesterday with an air saw to match the tunnel shape, then I used a body grinder to round the edges a little. Fiberglass doesn't like to make sharp corners, so I am rounding them over. I filled the gaps with body filler, just to act as a backing for the mat. That should give me nicer contours when the mat hardens.

I'm heading over there now to do some more work, and may have some progress pictures to post tonight. Here is what I did yesterday. (Surprisingly, I didn't itch last night, guess the paper suit helped :D:D)

Don

Attachments

• t underside of floor work 001.jpg
    t underside of floor work 001.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 34
  • t underside of floor work 003.jpg
    t underside of floor work 003.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 29
  • t underside of floor work 005.jpg
    t underside of floor work 005.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts