The Roofus Special

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, I replaced the melted rubber pads under the front of the leaf spring with a 3/4 eurothane pad (jeep body mount). I put a jack under the rear axle and jacked up the back of the car. The rear rim was about 3 inches below the frame rail without engine weight, gas tank or people. I'm probably gonna have to tweak something to raise the rear enough to be driveable.

Geesh Flipper :eek: I'm afraid we're gonna hafta call you in for a mandatory drug test......[S I'm thinking steroids or something :D You are on fire man! Love the beginnings of those seats [cl[cl
I be right'cheer watchin' [P[P[P

At the front of the seat, there will be a verticle sheetmetal piece. The sheetmetal will wrap around the corners and tie into a verticle support on the frame on the outside and be the lower part of the driveshaft tunnel on the inside.

I went to the Nashville Auto Show (new cars) today and was amazed at how big the consoles are in modern cars. Darn near everything there had a bigger console than what I was building for a tunnel. Maybe I should accept the bigness and try a tunnel again.

IMG_2686.jpg

Cadillac CTS
2012-cts-v-coupe-interior-cockpit-mm-gal-1-960x400-02.jpg

OK, what sounds best: 1) big awkward trans tunnel, 2) even bigger, stylized, smoothed over trans tunnel, or 3) no trans tunnel?

Last edited:
Form over function. Either leave it open, or covered efficiently. Which option makes more sense functionality wise? An oversized stylish tunnel seems like it would be out of place in that car.

Ok, maybe using the word stylized left too much for interpretation...

I was thinking of moving the sheetmeatal out away from the trans enough that it wouldn't have the lumps and bumps of where I was trying to follow the contours of the trans. Something along the lines if this:

file.php

why not buck the trend and go with no dash. just run the center console up, flare it at the top and house all of the gauges in that with no dash on the sides [;)

Ill go one better, why not just have the instruments on the hood like the old pontiac tachs were? that frees up some cab room for you. And it looks like cab room is needed. I liked the "generic" trans tunnel by the way

why not buck the trend and go with no dash. just run the center console up, flare it at the top and house all of the gauges in that with no dash on the sides [;)

.....Because I really like dashes.

This one is going to get a 20's-30's style dash filled with the jag donor car gauges.

Latest posts

Back