The Z.Z.Rat Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!

Looks Great Bonehead!
Looks like you made the fletchings like I have made some " wood grain" on some projects![;)
I used my plasma cutter without the ground attached to the piece!
Is that your secret too?;)
Cant wait to see them and get started on Rex's truck!

Bonehead they look just GREAT ! Will send you a pm.

Hi Mike, Hope all is well for you. If it works out I'd like to stop by & see your place & projects. If we get wrapped up with the frame design I will most likely catch you down at Cincy.

Johnson, Where abouts you located? There is a show coming up in Cicny this Jan. Maybe we can all get together there.

Later

Moms house is just south of Chillicothe, Dads is in Kingston(just north). I`m like 10 minutes away no matter where I`m staying. We`ll see about the show in Cincy, my girlfriend has been wanting to go to big show for awhile now.

A Good Saturday

Well we made it down to Mr.G's on Saturday & spent the day. Had the pleasure of meeting his folks & family as they were there for a Christmas dinner. Great family.

We got around to the mock up stage & finally the ideas pretty much came together. I took my camera along to post up the the pics here & soon learned that the memory card was missing.GRRRR! So Tim is going to post up some pics that he took. ThanksTim!

The frame rails will be pretty cool when they come together. Need to gather a few more parts to get the measurements down to the T & get the steel come'n.

Pics of first mock up !

Here are a few pics of first mock up,
Rex's BIG BAD 429 takes up a whole lotta room under that hood![dr
Frame will be swoopy and just as wild as the whole build !
Waiting on axles and other parts and then the FUN begins![P
Glad you got to chow down with us Rex! My stomach still hurts!:eek: LOL

Attachments

• rex3.jpg
    rex3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 203
  • rex4.jpg
    rex4.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 197
  • rex5.jpg
    rex5.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 208
  • rex6.jpg
    rex6.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 222
  • rex7.jpg
    rex7.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 187
  • rex8.jpg
    rex8.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 172
  • rex1.jpg
    rex1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 223
Mock up looks great![cl[cl One suggestion with that 429 under the hood....buy your tires in bulk!:D

Keep up the good work and keep us updated.

-Troy

New pieces

Well I have access to a Trump 200 machine at work and had these punched
out of 3/16" today for My sons 53 Nash.[;)They will be for the rear of his frame we are building. THEN I THOUGHT....... HEY :rolleyes:these parts will work great for Rex's rear frame work too! Sooooooooo I had 10 pairs punched out and might be selling the same stuff as kit form if anyone is interested!
" SO HEY REX HERE ARE PICS OF YOUR REAR FRAME PIECES "! LOL[cl

Attachments

• frame drop3.jpg
    frame drop3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 91
  • frame drop2.jpg
    frame drop2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 90
  • frame drop1.jpg
    frame drop1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 111
OH MAN! This is a COOL build indeed! Can't you work faster guyz? Can't wait for more pics. Suspense is killing me. What a neat choice for a vehicle to start with. And the 429--------
I've never seen one in person but nice. perley

Tim, Looks good. Will give you a buzz this p.m..

Thanks for the encouragement guys. This is my first build & I've changed my mind several times on different parts of the build,for the better. When I get to thinking about it it's kind of like a community build from other ideas that members use on there Rats. So a "Big Thank You" goes out to all.

Parts are here!

Well Rex came down to my shop this morning and brought some parts for the build!
Bonehead is a new dealer for Lucky 7 stuff so that's where Rex got the front axle! Real nice looking pieces! [cl
Rex has a neighbor who has a water-jet and he had them jet in the build name into the center of the I-beam!
Looks real good!
Held the axle up to the yellow trk body to see contrast!
Going to order steel for frame this coming week and get started on the frame!
Stay tuned for pics as I get stuff fabbed up![P[P[;)[;)

Attachments

• axle.jpg
    axle.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 73
  • axle2.jpg
    axle2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 55
59' Caddy

Picked up the other half of our build last weekend. It's a 59' Caddy with the BIG fins. Here's some pics from loading it up to taking it apart at the farm shop. It's funny how some things come together at times. I knew the guy that had it & just learned recently. It is the leftovers from six part cars that he put together to restore a beautiful 59' convertible.

Attachments

• DSC06045.jpg
    DSC06045.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC06063.jpg
    DSC06063.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC06065.jpg
    DSC06065.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC06067.jpg
    DSC06067.jpg