The Z.Z.Rat Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, I can't wait to get home in the evenings to check in here to see how your day went. Reminds me of being a kid again looking thru the sears & roebuck Christmas catalog!LOL

Engine rails look great. I like the 5th hole added up front. Nice.

We picked up an used air conditioner this past weekend & put it in the farm shop. Wow what a difference it makes. I see you use big fans. Stay cool.

first thing this morning i double checked the frame for square before i moved to more tube work and setting the engine and trans

motor and trans set up, centered and leveled out

and some tube work on the center section, and rear of the chassis, more to come

started making the motor mounts today

cut out the plates that bolt to the engine

then cut and bent the frame side mount

used some cardboard to fill in the gap

plate cut and drilled, still need to plate the top and bottom to make it an i beam

driver side

passenger side

Hey! Come on now Cornfield... I've come to expect a lot from you in terms of quality and now I see there is a gap in the fitment of the drivers side tube up front? What is it like a 1/16" gap?? Lol [cl

I really like your motor mount ideas. Might have to "Borrow" the idea on the next build. Looking good! [;)

yea i have used tram gauges before when i did hard collision work out of high school. i dont mind using tape measures and they are cheaper, and easier to store than large tram gauges

Tape measures can be very accurate.
I usually use this equation to help determine accuracy: TM = ((E-C)+HS)-ALC / FW

TM = Tape Measure
E = Eyeball
C = Coffee
HS = Hours of Sleep
ALC = Alcoholic Beverages
FW = Friends Watching

FW can be reduced with a Tram mainly cause you can use it to chase them out of the shop! [cl

Another on to watch

There are so many builds on RRR and I want to see them all. It would wear out my PC if I tried. You guys are real craftsman and ZZ has a vision. I can;t wait to see this one rollin' down the road/track. I am sure ZZ will have to see if that Boss will run. Congratulations to all involved. I will be watching.

Steve

Latest posts

Back