Trying to hook up a kick down cable

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcdanl

does anybody know how to hook up a kick down cable to an edelbrock carb? I have two edelbrock carbs on my intake and i have the kick down cable laying on the ground lol. i dont have a clue how to hook it up. heres some pictures

DSCN1150.jpg

This is the back carb
DSCN1151.jpg

And this is the front carb
DSCN1152-1.jpg

You are going to need to make or buy another bracket that the throttle pedal at the back of the carb for starters. Then it looks like you will need to put the ball end for the cable on that lower hole just below where the throttle attaches to the side of the carb.

Lokar sells all that stuff and usually at all venders booths at swap meets at the shows.

Here they are http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/tc_kd.htm

Typically, the trans kickdown would connect to the carb linkage in the hole where you have the bar connecting your two carbs together and the carbs would connect using the large hole in the top of the bracket. It needs to connect in the bottom half of the bracket so the cable pulls when you press the loud pedal.

so what would you use to connect the two carbs together using the big holes at the top?

thanks for the info everyone. i think i have an idea of how im going to do it. i will post pics and stuff when im done.

Latest posts

Back