Went to see these this morning...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earthy Earthy Earthy....

This has touched our hearts...who wouldn't be pulling for a guy who up till now
the oldest truck he could find for a project was a "96 :D:D

I know, I know Iknow...96 aint old.... you make me laugh.... I need that right now.... Thanks....:D

hospital trips are never fun, good luck to you on both counts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless,,,,,your just practicing a sad story for the truck guy.[ddd,,,, at which point good job.

I kind of take the attitude that if something is meant to happen it will, and if it wasn't it won't. Sometimes the reason for something happening or not happening isn't apparent right away, but down the road you find out why it happened the way it did.

But I hope you get them, and cheap. :D:D

Don

Words of wisdom Don. There's also a little understood thing called the law of attraction, you tend to get what you expect.

Holy crap!!!

With all the commotion going on, I totally forgot my wifes B-day today....:eek:... only good thing, I was able to score some tickets to a concert at the Ceasars in Windsor Canada.... about a 40 minute drive away..got the last room and we are staying there Sunday night....had to take a comp day at work for Monday....but.....

bad thing, had to call the guy with the rides and postpone it again until Tuesday... so.... if the FIL stays healthy..er...(he's back home by the way and is wearing some heart monitor thing)(thanks for all the thoughts and prayers) so God willing and creek doesn't rise..(it's supposed to rain all week here) I'll finally be able to get up close and personal to those vehicles..... strange, the guy is just so laid back[sc just try not to think about it....so I'm smiling....:D

SGT hope your FIL is recovering well. What part of Michigan are you in, seeing you're only a 40 min drive from Windsor. I'm in the Dearborn Heights/Redford area.

If you get those trucks I would be interested in purchasing some of the scraps from you.

Just a hope skip and jump from either Port Huron or Mt. Clemens..

about the same either way...... father in law is doing much better, ticked off he can't drive..... but at 82 they don't want him doing much driving anyway.... tried to call the guy with the old fords this morning..... out of town.... back tomorrow, left a message to call me at work... hope he does... the suspense is killing me...... I hate the wait!! From what I could see, there might be two complete vehicles and one parts truck... another pickup.... but don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.... I promise that pic's will be forth coming when I get in to see them.... my buddy still thinks the guy is going to give them to me for hauling them away.... not counting on it!!

Well, come on, come on. A week has passed and no updates. WTH happened with the trucks? The suspense is killing me! [dr

The guy is driving me nutz.....

Well, come on, come on. A week has passed and no updates. WTH happened with the trucks? The suspense is killing me! [dr

I don't know if this guy is avoiding me or just really this darn busy.... I don't want to seem too anxious but holy crap! Called him on Monday, wife said he should be back around 6pm.... called at 8pm wife told me he might be gone until after midnight.... anyway.... called him again last night... was on a job site she would tell him to call me if he got home before 12am....things are still sitting in the lot so he hasn't stiffed me... yet.... I'm trying not to think about it.... went this am to see 5 (five) 55 chevy's that came into a recycling yard yesterday... was told there were 2 solid cars and 3 parts cars.... NOT!.. there wasn't enough usable parts on any of them to make one.... fiberglass tilt front end, cracked to heck with hunks out of it.. the other ones were a piece here and there but only nice part was the straight axle on the front of the what once was a nice gasser (fiberglass frt end).... darn shame... owner of Scrap yard going to list them on craigslist and such for parts.... honestly, they were scrap... :( nothing that interested me if you can believe it.... so earthman.....I still don't have anything really old other than the Bonne...lol

I don't know if this guy is avoiding me or just really this darn busy.... I don't want to seem too anxious but holy crap! Called him on Monday, wife said he should be back around 6pm.... called at 8pm wife told me he might be gone until after midnight.... anyway.... called him again last night... was on a job site she would tell him to call me if he got home before 12am....things are still sitting in the lot so he hasn't stiffed me... yet.... I'm trying not to think about it.... went this am to see 5 (five) 55 chevy's that came into a recycling yard yesterday... was told there were 2 solid cars and 3 parts cars.... NOT!.. there wasn't enough usable parts on any of them to make one.... fiberglass tilt front end, cracked to heck with hunks out of it.. the other ones were a piece here and there but only nice part was the straight axle on the front of the what once was a nice gasser (fiberglass frt end).... darn shame... owner of Scrap yard going to list them on craigslist and such for parts.... honestly, they were scrap... :( nothing that interested me if you can believe it.... so earthman.....I still don't have anything really old other than the Bonne...lol
Exactley what I like about a "ratrod" Just think about the story you have to tell about these cars man!!!!! IMO rthere aint a single thing better then listening to the stories about where and how the cars and parts came about.
When my friends ask mew how i plan to build my luv I tell them one part at a time and every part has a story, the machine is a book and every part is a chapter.

Lord knows I like to yak....but

I also like to do the deal and get it home.... this cat and mouse crap stinks.... if you want to sell them, how much you want and it's either in or not in my budget....counter offer, then walk away if they won't... deal done..
I love the stories too.... but waiting for heck to freeze over ain't my bag....it was fun looking at those old Chev's... man the stories they could tell...;)

Well, if you dont have any good reason to doubt his word, then you need to presume that he really is that busy with work. Didnt you say he was well-to-do with his businesses? Give it time...wait for it, wait for it...BAM! it'll work itself out. We've got our collective fingers crossed for ya.

Latest posts

Back