What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had fun with the family ...
got the dually rat running...
got the inside of the international
all cleaned out -- and the doors and
tail gate working ... ummm oh and
found a donor for the international
-- looks like ill keep it lol

I know what I'll be doing this next weekend...........pulling the Olds engine out of Dan's rpu in preparation for building a new one. :( The old one has had an oil fouling problem in cylinders 1 and 3 since almost the beginning and we pulled the heads last week and found one scuffed cylinder and all the valve guides are sloppy. So, we found another bare block and are going to take it to the machine shop, and Don gave Dan a set of "C" heads he has stored for about 20 years, and we will be having those redone for the new block.

Not looking forward to it because the body has to come off to get the engine out. :( But it is the only way to make sure we get it fixed right this time.

Don

Picture of the scored cylinder, I think we broke a ring.

dansscoredpiston004.jpg

dansscoredpiston003.jpg

Spent all day in the man cave working on the 47 coupe. Installing a 350 sbc and 400 turbo from an 84 van. Had to cut the firewall for more clearance for both dizzy and get the motor back far enough for the radiator.
Surprized the 47 speedometer cable screwed right on the 400 turbo.
Tomorrow I'll work on the the dog house in the firewall and start framing up the floor. Was going to pull the s10 rear out and start mounting the 9 inch Ford rear but my oxygen regulator blew up so have to wait for a new one.

Attachments

• 47 chevy 048 (Small).jpg
    47 chevy 048 (Small).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 47 chevy 052 (Small).jpg
    47 chevy 052 (Small).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 47 chevy 053 (Small).jpg
    47 chevy 053 (Small).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 47 chevy 054 (Small).jpg
    47 chevy 054 (Small).jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 13
So far I've been mopping up all the crazy stuff that happened last week. Fixed my air compressor, worked on my 3X2 gas leak & took the rebuilt starter of my spare 390 to swap out the Ranchero's dead one. I also spray my '41 Chev panel truck flat black. Tomorrow will be more of the same... &... it's hot as blazes here in Tejas!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Attachments

• blackpanel.jpg
    blackpanel.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 9
Finally got the rambler back on the road after it got hit. finished up the new carb setup took it to a cruise and it ran good.

Today my kid are taking me out to eat and spending the day with me.

Had a birthday party for my son,
visited with some old friends
and this afternoon I'm gonna get some sanding done on my 51.

Happy fathers day!

Finally got the heads on this Studebaker engine. After the cam regrind, I didn't have enough adjustment in the rocker arms. Instead or ordering new push rods, I'm trying out valve lash caps. It's ready to drop back in now and I can get started on fabricating the supercharger bracket.

IMG_0141.jpg

I also fired up a Flathead in a nostalgic dragster that I converted from running on gas, to run on alcohol, also added a magneto. It will be run at the Oldies but Goodies in Woodburn, OR this up coming weekend. I'll get some pics of it then.

Over and out,

Sid

This weekend I played "Storage Wars". A local storage facility has an auction every so often for units that have not paid rent, and this is the second time I have gone. I ended up buying a unit for $ 475.00 because it had a 50cc ATV sitting in there and I saw the barrel of a rifle sticking up, so I figured there might be more good stuff in there.

The ATV looks pretty good but the rifle turned out to be an old Daisy Red Ryder BB gun.:eek: I got a complete set of golf clubs and a few other things that may get me back my money, but it was a gamble and I knew it going in.

I had to rent a U Haul 17 foot truck and the worst part was cleaning out a 10 x 10 storage unit in 95 degree heat all day Saturday and part of Sunday. :eek: I was fried when I got done. There were boxes and boxes of clothes, boxes of dolls and stuffed animals, and lots of furniture, all of which I didn't want, so I went to the local GoodWill drop off place and donated all of it. I felt good about that because the lady said donations are off and that until I pulled up they had no more stuff in the back room to put out on the floor. The truck was jammed to the hilt, so they should be able to make a few bucks on it.

So today I am sunburned and sore, but at least the weekend was not boring. :D

Don

We've marveled at the same thing, how long it takes to do the most simple building tasks. We have taken all day to make one simple bracket, and if we were charging someone to do it how would you charge $ 300 for something like that? I don't know how the pros do it.

Don

ummm.... they do charge $300 for it. " well you wanted something custom right? Well one off parts are not cheap."

me and five of my friends with strong backs dug out my new ride, I finally got my 37 panel home. pics to follow.not that smart with these computating machines.[cl[cl[cl

We've marveled at the same thing, how long it takes to do the most simple building tasks. We have taken all day to make one simple bracket, and if we were charging someone to do it how would you charge $ 300 for something like that? I don't know how the pros do it.

Don

We talk about the same thing Don. We'll spend a bunch of time fabricating something small and then say "how could you ever actually charge someone for this and make a profit?" The cost would be outrageous.

Latest posts

Back