Will be absent for a while...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Just thought I would mention that I will only be on here a few more days and probably won't be back for a little bit. (Didn't want anyone to think I was pulling a Gastrick :D)

My Son and I are going through a few changes in our lives right now and will be moving starting probably early next week, so my computer is going to be unhooked at that time. Long story short, Dan's position was terminated a few weeks ago and Tuesday of last week my home office came in and closed down the Marina where I worked. I had been expecting it as the business I was in involved something (boats) that most people are not doing much with now due to the current economy.

Both Dan and I were treated very fairly by our employers, and both of us were offered positions at other locations, but none were close enough to here for us to stay. My company left everyone else go, but kept me on for an additional two weeks to wrap up everything. That made me feel good because they told me I was the one person they would have kept if they could have.

So, since Dan's job also got him an apartment on site, we have lost our home, but have secured another place temporarily. The reason it is only temporarily is because when he gets another job in the Property management field he is in it probably comes with an apartment. He has had 3 interviews and they look good.

Anyway, we are fine and will be settled in within a couple of weeks and will be back. Didn't want anyone to think I was mad or anything.

Thanks,

Don

I'm sorry to hear the bad news Don. Hopefully everything will turn around in the right direction for you and Dan.....Good luck!....CR

hang in there Don...

Have you and you're sons ever thought of going in to business building hotrods, or fabrication of any kind.

It isn't like you guys don't have the skills.

Good luck with whatever you guys do.

Thanks folks. We have thought of doing some kind of rod work, but the trouble is it is so labor intensive it would be hard to make enough to make it worthwhile. I don't know how the guys who do it for a living do it. Could be we are just too slow.:eek:

The thing we keep remembering is that there are so many people in a lot worse shape than we are right now...........these are strange times.

Don

Thanks again guys. Just one of those bumps in life's roads. Sure wish this economy would start to turn around soon.........for lots of us.

Looks like we'll be here for another week, so that gives us some time to get situated.

Don

working in marine trade

yup...the economy sucks...i only know boats...steer them...fix em'...LETS SEND MONEY TO HATI.....now that is a good idea!!!...SEND MONEY TODAY!!

Thanks for the nice words guys. Today Dan had his 4th interview for the same job([S) and got hired. [cl They wanted him to start tomorrow, but we have moving to do so he starts Monday. He thought for a while he was going through Senate confirmation hearings........never had so many interviews for a job in his life, but it worked out in the end.

Me, I'm ok for a while, so I am going to take my time and figure out where I want to work next and in what industry. Boats are kinda dead right now. Might take up pole dancing., seems like that business never suffers. :D

Don

Polish Folk Dancing???

I know what you mean about making money building hot rods. I tell people I could make more an hour slaming sandwiches together at Subway.

You're resourcefull and have a good attitude. You'll do well.

Latest posts

Back