Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 04-26-2020, 08:18 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Looking good.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:57 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Yea, I'm not a body man at all. I install patch panels then let someone else do the body work.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:16 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Thumbs up

nice work credit to you both

the greatest victory is to live
Old 04-26-2020, 05:53 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Thanks, guys, much appreciated. I have promised Dan that as soon as he is done with the door welding and fab work that I can free him up because I will be able to do the body filling and priming on the doors. I feel bad because this keeps him from working on his own VW project, but he has been very gracious about helping me.

Today I ordered a kit that uses the stock door handles to open the bear claw latches, via a cable. It is this kit here:

https://www.rockyhinge.com/exterior-...nting-kit.html

It will make it more convenient to open the doors, and I will not have to reach inside and trip the bear claw latch with my fingers. We are going to take a couple of day's break from working on this thing, but will probably get in a few evenings, when Dan gets home from work. I have all day now, since I am not working because of the Corona virus, so I can at least have all the steel cut and prepped to make it easier for him when he does get there.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:24 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

We keep plodding along, getting a little more work done on the doors. Yesterday, I stripped all of the paint off and DA'd the entire outside down to bare metal. Then, Dan and I got the Suicide Doors safety latch installed on the driver's door.

I should get my outside door handle kit either tomorrow or Tuesday, and then we can drill the appropriate holes in the door skin to install it. Until those holes are drilled I can't start priming and body filling the doors to get them straight.

But at least we are moving ahead !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0514.jpg (50.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0516.jpg (41.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0518.jpg (63.1 KB, 28 views)
Old 05-03-2020, 11:51 PM
The Rat Captain

Thumbs up

Nice work getting done there
!!!!
Old 05-04-2020, 07:38 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I'll be watching the installation of the handles. I've got a 31 roadster to do that to.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Looks Great, Don.

Torchie
Old 05-04-2020, 01:56 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Thanks, guys. Old Iron, today the kit from Rocky Hinge came in, and it is REALLY high quality. My handles fit perfectly, and the machining on the unit is first rate.

Now, we just have to measure and drill the installation holes , then I can tape those holes up from the backside and start body filling the dents in the doors.

I wanted these handles to be operational because the ones on my son's rpu are welded solid and he opens the doors from the inside. But at shows some people still reach for his handles and try to give them a twist to open the doors ! Dan is going to retrofit this same kit to his car to avoid that.

I'll post some pictures as we go.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:32 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsrods View Post
Thanks, guys. Old Iron, today the kit from Rocky Hinge came in, and it is REALLY high quality. My handles fit perfectly, and the machining on the unit is first rate.

Now, we just have to measure and drill the installation holes , then I can tape those holes up from the backside and start body filling the dents in the doors.

I wanted these handles to be operational because the ones on my son's rpu are welded solid and he opens the doors from the inside. But at shows some people still reach for his handles and try to give them a twist to open the doors ! Dan is going to retrofit this same kit to his car to avoid that.

I'll post some pictures as we go.
I'd just electrify the handles to teach anyone touching someone else's vehicle a lesson

I like that my 28 doesn't have outside door handles, and it's going to stay that way

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.