mini rat.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty58

i didnt know what to post this under "bikes" or "rods"....... check this out it was built by Ventura college metal shop....

Attachments

• flickas 117.jpg
    flickas 117.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 115
  • flickas 116.jpg
    flickas 116.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 149
  • flickas 119.jpg
    flickas 119.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 91
  • flickas 122.jpg
    flickas 122.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 48
  • flickas 125.jpg
    flickas 125.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 94
I want one!!!

Dirty58,
I want one!!! With these gas prices that sucker would be a *perfect* commuter car! ; - > Where is Mel Gibson!?

BoB

That's a pretty interesting project. And a cool deal for students to work on. I'm glad they narrowed the cab to be more in scale with the powertrain. I think I would have rather seen them use some type of differential rather than that chain driven live axle with a single brake though.

Thaty really is something different.I think we are going to see more and more creativity in powerplants in the future as this rod craze grows.

Wow..........

That is really cool, and very creative. It is always great to see people thinking "outside the box".
Thanks for sharing the photos...'22

I would love to do something like that. Especially with gas prices.....20 gal. fuel cell on that thing and you would just about be able to go cross country without a gas stop...OK, maybe 2 depending on speed...

That thing is definately different... Hats off to the instructor and the students

Remember the Honda 600? It had a 600cc 2 cylinder air cooled engine. 4 spd crash box. Top speed was 75 mph and it got 44 mpg. Cost new was $1295.....My very first new car.

Me too!

Remember the Honda 600? It had a 600cc 2 cylinder air cooled engine. 4 spd crash box. Top speed was 75 mph and it got 44 mpg. Cost new was $1295.....My very first new car.

Gasser,
I had a yellow coupe, my 1st new car (just saw the sales contract the other day)! We called it the "Yellow Submarine". Gas was 35 cents a gallon & it only took $1.25 to fill it up. It used to make the gas jockey's mad because I'd say "fill 'er up" & it'd only take $1... so I just started asking for a dollars worth! Mine got 48 mpg. It was front wheel drive & in the rain I'd go around corners & put up the emergency brake & slide around the corners with the front wheels grabbin' asphalt... that was a blast! My buddies were just talkin' about how I scared hell out of them doin' that!

BoB

Gasser,
I had a yellow coupe, my 1st new car (just saw the sales contract the other day)! We called it the "Yellow Submarine". Gas was 35 cents a gallon & it only took $1.25 to fill it up. It used to make the gas jockey's mad because I'd say "fill 'er up" & it'd only take $1... so I just started asking for a dollars worth! Mine got 48 mpg. It was front wheel drive & in the rain I'd go around corners & put up the emergency brake & slide around the corners with the front wheels grabbin' asphalt... that was a blast! My buddies were just talkin' about how I scared hell out of them doin' that!

BoB
I had the yellow sedan. My sister bought (I put up the down payment) a red one. It was a great "No frills" car. At the same time, I had a 500 4 Honda motorcycle. It got the same mileage as the car. Every now and then I see 1 for sale. About $6k.

Latest posts

Back