1930 A

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

Hello everyone, Its been a while since I posted anything here. I sold my 50 F-1, and bought this model A. It seemed like a decent deal so I brought it home. Got some pics. What do you think? I paid 2800 for it. NO cancer anywhere, I will be selling the hood, fenders,and mics parts I dont need.

Attachments

• 30 MODEL A 001.jpg
    30 MODEL A 001.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 30 MODEL A 003.jpg
    30 MODEL A 003.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 30 MODEL A 015.jpg
    30 MODEL A 015.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 66
I'd say you got a deal on it too. I just looked at a 27 T for 3000 obo and it was in pretty good shape all over and everything was there, but the engine ( original flathead) was locked up. I went home to talk the wife in to letting me have it and when I went back for it a few hours later it was gone! Owner said he let it go for 2400! Ugh

30 Model A

Thanks guys, it makes me feel better. I had a guy tell me that it was only worth about 2000 at the most. I will start on it after Thanks Giving, Hope to have it drivable in March when my son comes home from Bagdad. I will post on my progress, and as always your coments will be helpful. Thanks Curt

Attachments

• 30 MODEL A 016.jpg
    30 MODEL A 016.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 30 MODEL A 010.jpg
    30 MODEL A 010.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 22
Nice score. I'd say you got a real good deal on it. I've seen a lot less go for a lot more. I would feel pretty good about that purchase if I were you.

Curt you did very well. Model A bodies are starting to get nuts now that '32's are drying up. We paid $ 2300 for just a tudor shell and had to drive 13 hours each way to get it. We saw some banged up bodies at Daytona going for lots more than what you have in the whole car. Coupes are bringing even more money, and yep, you are just a slice away from a roadster there. :D

WIshing your Son a safe return home.

Don

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the positive responce on my A. And DON, special thanks to you for thinking of my son and other troops in IRAQ. My son will be home around the first of Jan, I am so glad he will be here in the states again. Tahnks everyone and GOD BLESS. CURT:)

Attachments

• tonywithhum.jpg
    tonywithhum.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 15
Hey Curt

Curt, From the pic it looks like your son might be a Marine. If he is and is stationed at Camp Lejeune I would be glad for you to give him my name and phone # and when he gets home I'll be glad to have him over for a home cooked meal and just to hang out. If he's like you and likes old cars he'll love it here because I've always got something going on. We love our Marines. In fact if anyone on this site has a child at Camp Lejeune I'd be glad to have them over or if y'all are coming here to visit them I'll furnish a place to stay for a few days. Just let me know. Harleyboy

Special Thanks

Thanks HARLEYBOY, you are a very special person to open your home to others. (THANK YOU) IN CAPS MY FRIEND. My son is army, and a medic (EMT) but is stationed in Colorado. THANK YOU AGAIN, AND YES GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND OUR FAMILYS HERE. CURT

hey there busted knuckle my car was also a sport coupe once upon a time but we turned it into a roadster im trying to get some more pics posted may be up later good luck on the build.RONNIE

Latest posts

Back