1941 ford truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have any thoughts as to what's a 41 ford cab worth? Has doors, hood grill and front fenders. It also has the head lights. On another note; do you think it will fit on a f1 frame?

Not even going to hazzard a guess on price. Too many variables. What you have to ask yourself is what is it worth to you. The 41 truck grills themselves can get pretty pricey.
Even though the F1 frame is most likely wider it should fit on the frame or you can make it fit.:D But you may want to check front axle width as I believe the F1 front axles were wider than the 41 truck axles. Tires may stick out of the fenders to much. My 41 front axle is 51" from backing plate to backing plate.
Torchie

41s are a pretty sought after truck so maybe they bring a little more money. How badly do you want a '41? I say that's a pretty good price if the truck is in fairly good shape. Here's another good question. If you put 3 or 5 years of shop time and ten thousand to twenty thousand dollars into this truck, will it matter that much, that you chiseled the seller out of 100 more dollars?----- No?----- Well, then buy the truck and get started on your next project. It will be good.

It depends, big time.

If it is a 41 half-ton, it looks like a car front end and it is quite reasonably priced. If it is in decent shape, anyway. I paid nearly that for my rough 38 Ford cab with 4 fenders. If it is a 41 big truck, it is much uglier (well, truck looking anyway), and not worth near the money the half-ton is. Also, the big truck fenders don't look all that good on a hotrod type ride.

Pictures?

It's the whole front end... Not just cab and doors. I think it's worth it with the hood,grill,front fenders and lights.... I'm trying to get him to trade me across. I have a 31 chevrolet cab , hood, grill , headlights, front fenders and running boards. I think my stuff is better but I don't want to make a roof ....

Here's how I decide what I'm willing to pay for a project.
The rarity of the vehicle.
The shape the body is in. You can add or subtract the cost of the body work back into the purchase price.
If it needs rust repair.
If it needs hammer and dolly work and how much.
What I think it's gonna be worth when I'm done.
If I plan on keeping or trying to sell it.
I'd be willing to pay $1,500 to $3,000 for a relatively rust free, not beat to hell body and all the parts are there.
Pics of the vehicle, you're talking about, is necessary for us to give you a realistic opinion of what we thinks it's worth.

I know around here that's a real good price if its in decent shape and is a complete front end. Most of what I find around here is pretty rough and they want your right nut and first born!

Pick one. :D Green=more likely worth the price. Red=do you like it enough to pay that much? Either one will be fun.

Attachments

• 41fordhalf.JPG
    41fordhalf.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 1941-Ford-Pickup-6-front.jpg
    1941-Ford-Pickup-6-front.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 13
I need the front off that red one for my big 40 panel truck
Not much help, I know... There is a complete truck or two for sale next door to a friend if mine near Mt. Rainier in Washington. One is bone stock, and the other has a hemi and runs like a top. I don't think he will part them out, though.

Trade...

I just made the deal. I'm trading the chevy cab for the ford cab. Gonna be easier build for me. Don't have to make a roof or floor.so I'm keeping the blue bed in the picture. It's a 49 f1. Also it's going on a f1 frame I've zed in front and back. I'mgonna use a perkins diesel with 4 speed trans on this truck. Gonna be fun

Latest posts

Back