Best place for a Hot Rod to live.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regina SK... 100 miles north of the 49th. (Pronounced Ree-ji-na... also known as "the city that rhymes with fun"... or for the haters, "it smells like it sounds.") I've lived here all my life and don't expect that to change. (Harsh winters but I can kill a few months in a warm shop.)

I've visited many states and most of western Canada... many attractive locations and attractive as they may seem, (I tried the BC interior once... for 9 months and hated it) there's no place like home.

The perfect location, however, exists in my head... in that scenario, I live at the dragstrip, weather is sunny, 65 degrees and 20% humidity year 'round, all my hooligan friends live within "earshot" and beer is free. :D

I love it here in the PNW. Lots of rain and some snow here in the mountains where I live. I drive the hot rod whenever I can. I know lots of guys that live around me that rarely take theirs out. I remember a couple years ago I cruised to a local coffee shop one Sunday morning. It was just starting snow flurries. Saw a couple hot rod buddies there. They all said I was nuts but couldn't tell me why. Most of them seem to look for an excuse to not drive there's ~ I don't get it.

My rod is the only one you will regularly see on the streets of this town, pop. 5000+. And we have plenty of great weather. Mine actually sat longer this summer with those 90 plus days. I'll get it out any sunny day in the winter that hits 50 or so.
My goal is to have the 40 panel up as my daily driver sometime next year, and also have the 56 Caddy to profile in.

I don't mind the winters, really. Gives me a chance to have different hobbies and friends than just the car world. When I eventually have a shop I can work on my cars in it in the winter and get them all prepped for spring, too.

I like having seasons, plus the cold winters help reduce certain critters.

I don't mind the winters, really. Gives me a chance to have different hobbies and friends than just the car world. When I eventually have a shop I can work on my cars in it in the winter and get them all prepped for spring, too.

I like having seasons, plus the cold winters help reduce certain critters.

And there is no bench racing that comes close to a bunch of sled-heads! When I lived in AK. sleds WERE out hotrods.

Here in Minnesota we have bad roads, high taxes, 9 months of miserable weather and 3 months of mosquitos and ticks. You've got a 1 in 100 chance of smashing your hot rod into a deer. Our cities are filled with third world drivers that believe anarchy is the best policy.
On the other hand we probably have more special interest cars per capita of any state. Minnesota Street Rod Assn has 26,000 members. There's a dozen car events every summer weekend.
Lots of building time every winter.
I'm envious of Don and 23crate though.

Bob pretty much nailed Minnesota ....that's why we escape to Wisconsin ... love crusin in the Mississippi river area ... gotta get back to Galina Il. down the Ws. side over to Iowa ,up to Mn. ,nice drive in the spring ... better in the fall.
Winter BAH ...warm garage helps but its still WINTER !!!

Steamboat Springs is small @ about 14,000. Not much of a hot rod town but the ones that are here represent a wide variety. I like it most because of the powder skiing in the Winter and the mountain bike riding in the Summer is world class.The Summers are beautiful as it rarely gets very hot, there are plenty of mountain roads to go cruising on, camping, hiking, fishing and hunting. Truly a sportsman's paradise. But, I gotta say it looks like Crate has got us all beat!

Latest posts

Back