Bomber seats

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustrod

I'm thinking of running them as is. They will sit down about 4 more inches. My friend builds these. He is building me a bench seat that looks just like the buckets with a tranny hump built in. I'm not sure which I will run, but I could use some opinions on covering or not.

cool shifter huh!

Attachments

• net pics.jpg
    net pics.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 163
If it was me I'd have some removable padding, my T bucket had a plywood seat with just a little padding and my butt was sore after a bouncing ride around town. This ride my seating was a important point, but I'm getting old and the wife also says @%^* well you know what I mean.

By the way the seats look great!

Last edited:
Lookin' good!

Those are lookin' good! I wouldn't cover them but cushions are definitely in u're future!!! ; - >

BoB

I run bomber seats in my coupe. I have some removable cushions that I put in the backs and bottoms for trips but sometimes around town and at shows, I just use these military surplus cushions in the bottom. The longest trip I've made with these seats in the car is about 5 hours with the removable cushions. Didn't bother me.

Last edited:
I have found the foam that campers use for their sleeping mats works great. It's only about 5/8th of an inch thick and offers a lot of cushion and support. If your working within some tight quarters, and haven't the room for a thick cushion, (head room on chopped coupes and pick ups come to mind) it might be something to look into. I used it in a homebuilt plane I built and flew, and it made all the difference in the world. At least my butt could outlast my bladder!! Sniper

Bill, I asked this before but evidently you missed it. Where did you get those cool seats? Dan likes yours better than his Karkey ones.

Don

Latest posts

Back