Cool blue light I find

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

I found this light while digging thru my late grandpas shop that my uncle now runs. What would of it been used for? Fire truck maybe? Is it worth anything?

B46A6EA0-3EDA-4654-8C31-32F15D1B7951-1626-000001065AB4CB58_zpsf603ee60.jpg

Looks like it might be a Unity light. They made [still do] a lot of fog lights and specialty lights like that. Some of them bring pretty good bucks. Is it 6V or 12V? They made both. Should be stamped on the bulb. They have a website that list parts for some of the old lights, too.

http://www.unityusa.com/

really

That came from K-MART, it's a Blue Light Special,...lol

Never seen a blue one lots of amber ones like that. Where I live you can only use Blue or red facing the front of a car if you are law enforcement.

Saweet find!!!!

A blue light here is generally for volunteer fireman. The ema uses them also, I think.

Flashing blue or red light in Minnesota are for emergency vehicle only .
Just having it on the vehicle will get ya pulled over ..ask me how I know ;);)

I don't believe they used blue on emergency vehicles before the 80's and your light looks older than that.
They still use flashing blue in some states ( Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, and Nebraska ) and provinces ( Ontario only ) for snow plowing but cannot be combined with red.
Airports use solid blue to designate a Command Vehicle.

blue up here is police only. Red fire guys, purple funerals orange is construction and green is mall security

Latest posts

Back