Driving Video Experiment..Pretty Cool

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
My son got one of those GoPro video cameras today and wanted to test/play with it. It's a small unit that has an attachable suction cup apparatus that you can stick to a vehicle, helmet, or what ever you desire. We stuck it to the cowl of my coupe and took a short ride around the neighborhood. I thought the tiny device made a really nice video but I'm easily amused. My son said he recorded it in HD for those that can take advantage of viewing it that way.

PS-The whining noise is just the quickchange rear singing.

Here's a link to the Youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmssJs_1bAU

and hopefully embeded here

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vmssJs_1bAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kinda rolling those stop signs weren't you??

Very clear vid!! Thanks for sharing![cl

I was thinking the same about the stop signs....I guess being a retired enforcement officer has it's perks:D

Cool video Gas...I think we need to go along more often[cl

Ride along videos are so much fun to watch. Especially with a hemi valve cover in the foreground. The audio is very good too. Thanks for the ride.

Just recieved a Summit catalog yesterday. There is a Contour HD camcorder for $249. The mount is $40. Is this the price range of the one you used?

Yep - noticed the stop signs too. Dang punks kids in their jalopies tearing up the neighborhood!

If you can, try moving the camera back (or down) to get the front axle in the shot too. We don't care so much where you're going, we want to see the car. And drive somewhere where there are a lot of female pedestrians. ;)

Yeah Man, that was fun. Watched it twice.:D You youngsters terrorizing the neighborhood and all..................[ddev

I'm thinking about getting one of those cameras to mount on my roll bar.......open the headers and go for a little spin. The price certainly isn't bad at all.

Thanks for taking us along, Bill. (Oh, those funny signs with u shaped arrows mean "No U Turn" BTW :D)

Don

I like I like!!![cl
I only said, I like, once the second was an echo cause I said it so loud [ddev :D
The turn radius seems to be great, only 2 lanes on the U turn :cool:
I downloaded your video to my computer so I can drive your rod when I want.
Thanks for the trip Gas

I think you ought to be able to drive how ever you want... you are, after all shooting a movie.

I have one of those go pro cameras, and I fastened it to a spring clamp, so I can attach it to the roll bar in my rock buggy. But it clamps all over the place, and even on other people's vehicles too. What I lack is the editing program.

Great video!

I think you ought to be able to drive how ever you want... you are, after all shooting a movie.

That's right, look at how they speed all over in those Fast and Furious movies...................just tell the Officer that is what you are doing. :cool::D

(BTW, when is visiting day at the Ft Lauderdale lockup????:eek::D)

Don

Latest posts

Back