front end help please

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShovelHeadShawn

ok i have a 34 chevy sedan i also have a front axle spring and wish bone out of a 41 mercury. i am wanting to set the front end up suicide. i have never tried to do this before and i have red and looked at 100s of pictures of it done but fore some reson it is still driveing me nutso. i have alredy split the wish bone but when i took everything apart all my bolts and radius rod pins broke. who is a good company to get this stuff from? i would like to use a small company just becouse i like supporting the little guy. if anyone knows of a kit that i can buy to do this please let me know. if i had the $$$ i would just order a new drop axle kit with hair pins and a new spring. but i am just a poor boy so i hafto do with what i have. thank you in advance fore any help and thank you all fore the help i have alredy recived.

You will need to weld a cross member to the very front of the frame, on this crossmember attach a spring perch(see pics) mount your spring and axel ass'y to the perch as pictured. Steering etc. depends on whwt you have and what you want...............good luck. Speedway Motors has everything you need(not a small guy but cheap)

Attachments

• 916-33012_R.jpg
    916-33012_R.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 916-33012-ART_T.jpg
    916-33012-ART_T.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 10
thank you fore the reply. i have the cross member figured out i guess what i relly need to know is, is there a company i can buy new spring perches and radial rod pins and shakels heim joints exc...that i need to install my axle in a kit. does anyone have any advice on if i should use hair pins or radial rods? heck does anyone have any hair pins and bat wings the wanna sell? maybe i am making to big a deal outta this becouse i have never done it before.:confused:.

Yea, Speedway is good in my opinion. Generally, you won't find the parts cheaper either. I reckon that you saw it, but they also have all of the parts individually.

Congrats. Speedway is a good outfit they will treat you right.
Now you need spindles, brakes, shocks, rearend, engine, trans, lights, shifter, wiring, etc, etc, etc,.............. :D

Latest posts

Back