Get well soon, Josh, from RRR.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get well Bud

Hi Josh, been following along on your journey with all the support we can muster.
When you need inspiration just look towards all of us on the forum cause, we're all here anytime you need us :D

Jim

Well...I thought I was going to have some time earlier tonight to catch up up on this thread and post an update, but as it turned out, we just got home after spending most of the night in the emergency room with Josh. He became sick and developed a high temp which mandates a trip to the ER given his current low tolerance for infection. They were able to bring the temp down and his blood counts were good so he's home again.

The good news is the chemotherapy, radiation, and medications are doing their job killing the cancer cells and he appears to be on a good road. He's receiving radiation every day right now so it's a bit hectic but all is well. Thanks again to everybody here. We appreciate it. If all goes well, it about three months, the treatments will start to taper off somewhat.

I guess with something like this you have to expect occasional set backs. I'm really glad to hear the visit to the emergency room cleared up things a little. We all really appreciate the updates, it helps a lot.

Keep strong guys, I know it is tough right now but it looks like things are moving in the right direction and someday this will all be just a bad memory.

Josh, if there is anything we can do you have a bunch of us ready to try to help. Please let us know.

Don

Josh,

Way to go on beating this recent problem. Glad you got to go home right away. That's a good sign. And the Docs have come up with a treatment procedure that is working.

Lot's of positives to look at.

Thinking of you every day. Stay strong.

Great to hear things are going good!!

Josh, Don't let a few set backs get you down...stay positive and remember we are all with you in thought and prayer.....God bless!!

It's been a rough week for Josh. He spent most of the week in the intensive care unit but has now been moved to the pediatric cancer section of the hospital. He was experiencing debilitating headaches and an MRI revealed an extensive blood clot developed at the base of his brain. To further complicate matters, he also has a bacterial infection in his implanted IV line. They removed the implanted IV and are fighting the infection with infection with three different antibiotics. Due to his current condition, the risk of surgery on the clot is too risky. He's on some blood thinners in hopes that the clot starts to diminish and doesn't grow. They can't tell us how long he will be hospitalized this time.

He's in good spirits and frankly, you wouldn't guess he's as sick as he is. Hopefully all this will come under control and he can get back to just the regularly scheduled cancer treatments and not have the additional physical ailments to deal with.

D*MN !!!!!!!! I am so sorry to hear that, Bill. I missed this thread being reposted and just sent you a PM because we hadn't heard from you for a bit. You can disregard that PM as you have answered my question here.

All of us are so concerned and wish there was something we could do to help. Please let us know how he is . This must be so trying on all of you, especially Josh. :(:( He is in my prayers every night.

I just don't know what to say.

Don

Gastrick,
Sorry to hear about this development but thanks for updating us! I'm sure you know our prayers are with you guys!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back