Had a really great day today!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Well I've had my Chevelle in storage for over a year while I built a new house & garage! Today was the day I woke my baby up from the big sleep! Put in a new battery & after just a few tries it came right back to life! Can't tell ya what a great feeling that was!!! I love this car & it has A/C & a kikkin' stereo which the Ranchero does not! I'm puttin' it in the shop for a lil tune up & a lil hop up! 600HP just isn't good enough for the ol Tripper any more! Awesome day! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• ontrailer.jpg
    ontrailer.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 57
Awesome Tripper! My Belvedere isn't that nice but always feels good to get it out for the first time in the spring. [cl

Yeah, that's pretty nice but it looks like the letter 'v' is missing off the trunk [S

Sharp Chevelle Trip [cl[cl Sometimes when they are stashed away like that it's like getting a new car......drive careful now, ya hear :cool:

Awesome Tripper! My Belvedere isn't that nice but always feels good to get it out for the first time in the spring. [cl

Yeah... felt really, really good!!!

Yeah, that's pretty nice but it looks like the letter 'v' is missing off the trunk [S

Sharp Chevelle Trip [cl[cl Sometimes when they are stashed away like that it's like getting a new car......drive careful now, ya hear :cool:

You have really good eyes Mr Snake!!! That 'V' was one of the 1st things I noticed & it was like drivin' a new car!

Trip, we know the real story here.....you figured after a year it would cool down enough for you to bring it back out on the street again! :D

Earthdude... shhhhhhhh!!! And *how* would you know anything about that?!? [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

I've never been a fan of the first couple of years of the chevelle, but this one changes that. Nice stance, wheels, paint. Well done sir. [cl

Great looking car. My first race car was a '65 Malibu SS with a 454, 4 speed and 4:88's. Unfortunately, it was a Friday and Saturday night street racer built to make me money. Why? Because it looked like an abandoned car.

600HP just isn't good enough :eek:

I regularly spank the new Shelby 500's but the new Camero & Mustang hi-po cars coming out are adding HP so I can't get behind the curve! Second place is *not* an option!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

Here's a lil better picture since the trailer foto was taken with my cell fone whose lens is so scratched it makes all fotos soft focus!

BoB

Attachments

• chevelle.jpg
    chevelle.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 31
What rear tires do you use to get traction on the street?

When I got out of college in 1964 I planned to buy a new '64 Chevelle SS. Never did. Seeing your car again reaffirms that I made a mistake. Beautiful machine, Tripper.

What rear tires do you use to get traction on the street?

When I got out of college in 1964 I planned to buy a new '64 Chevelle SS. Never did. Seeing your car again reaffirms that I made a mistake. Beautiful machine, Tripper.

Bob,
It fishtailed like crazy in 1st & 2nd but I tried a set of 11 1/2" M/T drag radials... no more fishtailing! Hooks up like a drag car! Only thing... a lil spooky in the rain. My buddy says M/T now makes nearly the same tire but with a lil more tread that are supposed to be all purpose! After my current set wears down I'll give the new ones a try! For some reason... they usually only last about a year on my car! [ddd:eek:[ddd

BoB

I regularly spank the new Shelby 500's but the new Camero & Mustang hi-po cars coming out are adding HP so I can't get behind the curve! Second place is *not* an option!!! [ddd[ddd[d

Look out Houston! Soccer moms beware!!!![ddd :D

Look out Houston! Soccer moms beware!!!![ddd :D

I know that's right!!!

I'm surprised you get a full year out of rear tires, Tripper. :D[ddd:D

Well... I have been known to exaggerate!!! :eek:

Slick ol bowtie there man

Thanks!!!

Tripper you sound like a horse power junkie like me. What engine are using to make 600hp?

LS3 crate motor direct from GM! Awesome torque from idle to 7700 red line! Came with 515HP outta the box! Mellow just driving around but when you hit the go petal... yipppeee!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Attachments

• LS3frontrunner.jpg
    LS3frontrunner.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 10
  • LS3bullet.jpg
    LS3bullet.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back