interesting use of conn rods....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s10.butcher

2012-10-07%252012.22.30.jpg

2012-10-07%252012.22.57.jpg

2012-10-07%252012.23.04.jpg

2012-10-07%252012.22.41.jpg

I saw a set used to mount headlights the other day but I didn't have a camera. Looked pertty good.

had a friend back in school that used his high dollar rods for exhaust hangers on his chevelle after blowing up the motor! known a couple guys to use them for column drops, we used to look for the broken sets of parts at swapmeets all the time just to make other things out of them! saw a guy make motor mounts for his rod out of a solid axel! recycle the damaged stuff any way ya can!

I bent up a set for my buddys 39 binder headlight stands, big ones from and old Waukesha. Also I had a T-bucket built in the early 60s with a round tube frame and the con-rods for engine mounts.
I personally don't see why that nice dash has one just sticking up there not really doing anything.

My opinion, that's an example of the fad being overdone. Such a nice dash and that rod just looks out of place, like a pretty girl with a big it on her nose.

agreed the gauges were massively over sized for the car... and the epic amount of switches present on the panel next to it was as disturbing lol :)

Latest posts

Back