Let's see those lake style headers.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
almostreadytofire_007.JPG

almostreadytofire_006.JPG

2007_0508CameraNew0011-1.jpg

250 Chevy 6 in my '35 International with three cylinders exhausting on each side. Three pipes run under the engine to the passenger side.

I found this set on Ebay probably 15 years ago, they were built sometime in the 60's out of early Ford driveshaft tubes, just like in the old days. They are a little crude but just so charming I have to use them on my current rpu project. I think I am going to only make baffles to go inside them, but they did come with some very neat aluminum blockoff plates that are milled with fins.

myrpufrontwheelson002.jpg

Don

tub.jpg

On my Tub I make a small glass pack muffler that sits in the big end of the megaphone. With the exhaust pipe coming out the end and running to the rear wheel it is quite quiet. A pleasure to drive.

Here's mine- When we made the headers for the Chevy 4.3 Vortec V-6, they just looked....wrong. So, I added a dummy pipe, to make it more aesthetically correct. I think the next time the headers come off, I am going to drill an tap next to the dummy pipe, and thread in some shortened header bolts, maybe even add an extra plug wire on each side...it's been fun watching people at car shows, they walk by, look at the car, get about 3 feet away, stop, and back up and look again...[S

Attachments

• Wildflower T.jpg
    Wildflower T.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back