License plate resto...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one that's restored but I didn't do it so I don't know how bad it was to begin with. One word of caution, I read on another board where a fella either used the vinager or molases dip methed to remove rust from a plate that he was restoring and the process ate most of the licence plate away.

Heres a few pics of ones that im going to leave as is. The last one i straitened and repainted, not perfect but i like it. Ill try to get some more pics of other ones i have.

Attachments

• plates.jpg
    plates.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 18
  • plates 1.jpg
    plates 1.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 12
  • plates 2.jpg
    plates 2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 15
I screwed around with my project for five or six hours yesterday, finally pushed the tig aside, and developed a new "technique" with the mig. Anyway, as long as the girls at the DMV don't scrutinize me with a microscope, maybe it will pass?... :cool:

Are old tags worth anything important I have the original off of my 39 when it was first bought.....its rusty ut i just thought it was junk I still have it though I thought it would be good to keep if I ever got rid of the car!

Sure they are worth something. Sometimes alot, most times around 20 bucks or less. I think it is cool that you have the tag off your 39, save that one back for sure.

Latest posts

Back