Long time lurker, first time builder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
few more pics

I am posting a couple more pics of the chop. I am going to cut down the center piece for windshield and use it with new windshield. I am trying to decide if I need the extra room and not use the frame. I will see how much visibility I loose. Next, I have a question for you all. I have not ground down the welds and I kinda like it. Does it say lazy to leave it like it is? I sprayed the hot welds with WD40 to brown them. To grind or not to grind that is the question?????[S Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0103.jpg
    IMAG0103.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0104.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0105.jpg
    IMAG0105.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 77
I am posting a couple more pics of the chop. I am going to cut down the center piece for windshield and use it with new windshield. I am trying to decide if I need the extra room and not use the frame. I will see how much visibility I loose. Next, I have a question for you all. I have not ground down the welds and I kinda like it. Does it say lazy to leave it like it is? I sprayed the hot welds with WD40 to brown them. To grind or not to grind that is the question?????[S Thanks

I think its more personal preference on the look you are after, but I did find that when the welds are ground, it is MUCH easier to straighten out the panel, any warp, etc. without the bead of weld in the way of your hammer/dollie

It's been a few months since I have posted anything. Been super busy. Lost my job..found a new one. We finished the new garage at my Dad's and moved all of my tools, parts, and the truck. Since then the motor and tranny are in, Bed mounted, steering box and column mounted, radiator in, shock/ headlight towers made and installed, tailights mounted. All that is left is to run brake and fuel line, wire it and put floor board in, mount seats and belts and the small odds and in stuff. Here are a couple of shots of how it sits now.

Attachments

• IMAG0388.jpg
    IMAG0388.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0451.jpg
    IMAG0451.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMAG0443.jpg
    IMAG0443.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG0431.jpg
    IMAG0431.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG0440.jpg
    IMAG0440.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG0446.jpg
    IMAG0446.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 92
Couple hours last night

Well I put in a couple hours last night on the gas tank and bed. I cut the wood for the bed so the tank sits down in it a little. Since I used a shelter half for fabric on the top I figured I could use some alice pack straps to hold the tank down. Now I need to find 2 old barn hinges and it will be complete. What do you guys think????

Attachments

• hinged bed.jpg
    hinged bed.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 56
  • truck bed.jpg
    truck bed.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 58
COLD delays

It has been a while since I have posted or done anything to the truck. It has been too darn cold in the non-insulated garage. That and the fact we bought a house and honey do's have been adding up. Good thing, just about have the house to a point that I can hang out in the garage and the sun has popped out a few times. LOL

Progress coming soon to a home near you.. Hooray for the 100th post[cl

Update....update.....oh you said monday. Lol
looking great man. Youll have to drive her up here when yer finished. RR

Latest posts

Back