May Be Getting A New Member

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I just sent a PM to a guy on the HAMB, and suggested he come check out this forum. Poor guy made the mistake of saying the R word on there. :eek: Of course, the responses were what you would expect on the HAMB, all negative.

What he was asking is that he is a teacher, and wants to help his students built a rat rod. He felt the economics of a regular rod would keep many of them from being able to enjoy hot rodding, but thought a rat might be more affordable because of the "make it yourself" philosophy. He sounded like a nice, intelligent guy, and just wanted some help.

I felt bad for him, as he got the usual HAMB pile on, and I hope he comes over here. I told him the guys and gals on here were cool and would give him constructive help, and weren't afraid to say rat rod. :D

That forum is amazing sometimes.

Don

Don,
Hopefully he will show up...

You know I actually registered on (the place) you are talking about a few months ago. Never even got a confirmation....Fork'em....Buncha "Crackheads" sounds like to me...

Hope he shows up!

Poor guy made the mistake of saying the R word on there. :eek:

What he was asking is that he is a teacher, and wants to help his students built a rat rod.

Don,
Thanks for steering him over here... hope he shows up. That kind of behavior gives all of us a bad name! But it appears he is a really kool teacher & those r some really lucky kids!!! I've seen some really kool stuff kids in those programs come up with & I'd love to track the progress of their project!!!

BoB

Thank you guys. But I have to give credit where credit is due. Most of my wisdom comes from my Lakota (Sioux) teachings. Some of it comes from my college education. But all of my common sense comes from my wifes dope slaps.

Don,
I was on the the HAMB a little while ago, (yeah, I still read the posts), and I came across the post you're talking about. I didn't care for their attitude either, so I PM'd 33dano and asked him to come over here. Maybe this was his first attempt at Bulletin Boards and now he's gun shy.

I read the thread too. The poor guy was just asking a question. I just don't see the need to be rude to a guy like that who is trying to do a good deed. I hope he comes over here.

Wow,I just read that.That guy got really ripped into.I can never understand why that has to be like that.All of that rude behavior is just uncalled for.Even Mr Pottymouth himself had all of everbodys quotes all stacked up at the end.
That poor dude was just asking for some simple constructive input.

I imagine he wants to make sure we aren't cut from the same cloth as brand X.

I think he is on the right track, and it is a perfect way to reach kids you might not be able to reach otherwise. Teaching kids today has to be tough enough as it is.

Don

Latest posts

Back