Model A Speedster build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew! Got it all back together and managed not to scratch it up too bad. Picked up the seat from my neighborhood upholstery guy today - he did a great job.

All I need is some numbers on the side & back and this one will be all but done! I'm not sure what color to paint the floor, just have it in white primer for now

Attachments

• P5270037.jpg
    P5270037.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 106
  • P5270040.jpg
    P5270040.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 90
  • P5270041.jpg
    P5270041.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 89
  • P5270039.jpg
    P5270039.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 64
  • P5270046.jpg
    P5270046.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 71
Seat came out nice, alot better than I could have done. Built some steps for the lady and some tail light brackets with '32 ford tail lights....

Attachments

• P5270038.jpg
    P5270038.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 53
  • P5270045.jpg
    P5270045.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 46
  • P5270042.jpg
    P5270042.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 46
  • P5270044.jpg
    P5270044.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 45
looks top-notch!!![cl[cl[cl[cl

i can just see ya climbing in that thing with an old leather helmet and eye goggles--and maybe a white scarf blowing in the wind, too :D

seriously though, it looks really good....

Nice. The white floor looks like it belongs. Leave it white with a couple black rubber mats?

Yeah I was thinkin that too. It's too much white right now but if i cover most of it with a mat it would be fine. Or I might paint it silver to go with the tank....[S

Sweet!! I'm with E-man----park your speedster next to a $30,000 55 Chevy and you'd make that thing dissappear.

Really enjoy the build--thanks for the show..

PA41

That is just great,you did an awesome job building it. I can just imagine booting around in that,very cool.

stanton l wilcox wild man

Think I need some new tires? Got the engine running but not that great - pretty sure the 80 yr old carb is shot (or I suck at rebuilding carbs).

Got the cowl just wide enough to clear the clutch pedal.

those updraft carbs are a pain we uste turn intake upside down put chev carb on them they run great then the brase around the shaft threw carb probly worn lets suck air you can get new ones that should help if not drop 350 chev in it wild man

My, that is a nice job. I saw a speedster for sale at the Springfield, Mo. swap meet. It was for sale, asking 8,000.00. Your's is surely worth the same if not more. Thanks for sharing this build

Thanks guys!

Actually I probably only spent a month in the basic body fab. That part was fun. Much more time in restoring/cleaning/painting the old chassis, plus tracking down missing parts. Not fun.

I'm looking to build another with a more modern hot rod chassis, but not looking forward to building a chassis from scratch. Can't seem to get going on it.:(

Well, I'm sure that'll turn out great too! That speedster looks likethe fastest 40hp around! Great build, inspiration for me to kick my own but into getting the truck into the darn shop and start on it!
Looking forward to seeing your next build!
Rob

Thanks guys!

Actually I probably only spent a month in the basic body fab. That part was fun. Much more time in restoring/cleaning/painting the old chassis, plus tracking down missing parts. Not fun.

I'm looking to build another with a more modern hot rod chassis, but not looking forward to building a chassis from scratch. Can't seem to get going on it.:(

What is this one gonna be?

What is this one gonna be?

I want it to look a lil something like this, except I want the rear bodywork and doorsills a little higher. I'll use the 200 cube ford straight six & 3 spd manual I've been working on. Definitely going to have a side pipe like this one and I'll have one door on the drivers side.

Attachments

• 1924_Mercedes_TargaFlorio1[1].jpg
    1924_Mercedes_TargaFlorio1[1].jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 18
I want it to look a lil something like this, except I want the rear bodywork and doorsills a little higher. I'll use the 200 cube ford straight six & 3 spd manual I've been working on. Definitely going to have a side pipe like this one and I'll have one door on the drivers side.

That is the same sort of car that inspired roofus. Good luck with your build.

Latest posts

Back