My 46 ford p/u build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres some better pix of the motor mount setup

1941STREETROD018.jpg

1941STREETROD019.jpg

1941STREETROD020.jpg

I think the next shot would have been..

The car rolling over the camera!!! LOL.... Nice Ride HBHR.....Have Camera, will travel"....:D

Hey, I stand corrected on the 8.8 axle!

Now I was wondering about what looks like the lower end of spring shackle mounts on the front axle that appear to be lower than the front wheels. Would that be a problem if you had a flat tire? Maybe the picture is deceiving...?

Hey, I stand corrected on the 8.8 axle!

Now I was wondering about what looks like the lower end of spring shackle mounts on the front axle that appear to be lower than the front wheels. Would that be a problem if you had a flat tire? Maybe the picture is deceiving...?

I don't know i'll look into that

Mike

Nice work, I was looking for pictures of a suicide mount and rear steer set up. I see you had to clearance the lucky seven mount. Because of the leverage on your mount I would have ran the cross member through the frame and welded to both sides.

The truck looks great. Nice stance and I like the tire choice.[cl

gold03

Nice work, I was looking for pictures of a suicide mount and rear steer set up. I see you had to clearance the lucky seven mount. Because of the leverage on your mount I would have ran the cross member through the frame and welded to both sides.

The truck looks great. Nice stance and I like the tire choice.[cl

gold03

Which mount are you talking about that i had to clearance from lucky 7 and thanks for the complements :D

awesome build keep the pics coming, i could tell from the very first one i would like this build and they inspire me to keep working on mine

Thanks man and keep on working on yours when it gets to much just walk away for awhile i left this project for 6 months or i would have sold it and im glad that never happened bc im diggin it to much , good luck on yours

Hillbillie,
DUDE... truck looks awesome! Be sure & keep us posted!!!

BoB

Bob thanks dude and your build was an inspiration to me , you did a wikked build

Mike

i work at a ford dealer and ive worked on hundreds and hundreds of those motors and thats a bad idea all over on engine mounting. there is no strength casting in those areas. i broken the edges off when tightening the covers on old engines.

i work at a ford dealer and ive worked on hundreds and hundreds of those motors and thats a bad idea all over on engine mounting. there is no strength casting in those areas. i broken the edges off when tightening the covers on old engines.

There proven to hold over 2000 hp on these motors , theres a mid plate also it goes in between the motor and trans and mounts to the frame like the motor plate , i've used them for over 20 years with not one problem yet but thanks for the heads up its all good

Latest posts

Back