Nothin' like a couple cracked ribs!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Ok... I did something really stupid Sat. I had a lil bad luck on Friday 13th last week... didn't realize I had a flat & pulled out in front of the house B4 I snapped. When I pulled back into the front drive... the tire popped of the rim & when I jacked it up it fell off the jack & screwed up the lower radiator piece where the hose goes on (whatever that's called), so it starts leaking really bad. I take the rad out & get it repaired... $95! I figured since I had it off I'd put on new hoses & a new fan belt. The alternator was on so tight I tried breaking it & had my chest up against the fender pulling really hard & pop... the nut didn't come loose but I cracked a couple ribs! Broke some years ago in a car wreck so I how how it feels & how long it takes to heal. The next day it *really* started to hurt & driving my Ranchero with no power steering is a *real* pain. When will I *ever* learn!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Damn, thats a brutal injury... hope that you heal quicker second time around, everything is always easier the second time around isnt it? heh heh...

Fantastic. :mad:

I did something similar once. Possibly the most difficult part of recovery was ...uh...paperwork.

toilet-paper2.jpg

They say always get a second opinion and I agree with Dr Rainman. Strictly fluid for 6 weeks!

WOW

Dang Trip :confused:
I wrecked a MrkIII Dakota in 93 and broke 3 ribs, one in 2 places.
Hurt to breath, set in a chair to sleep and on the third day I had a surprise sneeze :eek: then promptly cried :(
Man take it easy n heal up :)

ribs are lame...I've broken 3 so many times they'll often dislocate if I cough too hard..which made the bout of pneumonia a few months ago awesome!

hope you heal up quick!

Geez, Bob, retirement sure isn't agreeing with you. If you keep this up we are going to have you confined to the rocker watching OPRAH !! :eek::D

Hope you feel better soon.

Don

They say "jumping jacks" makes em feel better.LOL
I got hit broadside on a jetski to jetski accident and fractured 5 ribs when I was younger.It even hurt to pee.Fifteen years later it still makes you concious of using your body up against things and laying on concrete floors when wrenching.

Latest posts

Back