spindles Question????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigShem

ok dont bash me too hard..... this is the first front end i'm building... i have these spindles and these friction shocks i'm going to clean them up... when i got them they werent asembled.... heres the question........... what side do these belong on and how do i mount those shocks.... any help would be deeply apreciated....

Attachments

• fhtr.jpg
    fhtr.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 30
  • ijht.jpg
    ijht.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 27
  • mjhg.jpg
    mjhg.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 41
Looks like a pair of Ford truck spindles, The one with the U shaped arm is the drivers side and the drag link from the steering box mounts on the ball. I would mount the shocks on the wall in the garage and find some new tube shocks for your build..LOL

The spindles are truck units, but I read a post somewhere, that you can trim the existing arms off and get the aftermarket arms like Speedway sells and bolt them on. The friction shocks aren't nearly as good and newer gas filled tube shocks, like Fuzz said, but for the cool factor you can't compare the two IMO. The base mounts to the frame or a heavy bracket welded to the frame, and the arm and link mount to a bracket on the axle. I was going to use them on the front....again just for the astetics. The can be (and probably should be) rebuilt. I forget what make they are, but I did see a rebuild kit for them......somewhere

Latest posts

Back