The one you wish you hadn't sold!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz

Livin' the rat roddin' lifestyle
I've built a handful of hot rods, well maybe two handsful, but there this one I wish I hadn't sold and can never get it back!! I loved this 40 coupe, 455 Pontiac power ran 10.90s How about you guys? Post a picture of that special one that you wish you still owned.

Attachments

• my 40 003 (Small).jpg
    my 40 003 (Small).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 23
  • my 40 002 (Small).jpg
    my 40 002 (Small).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 17
That is a great looking little 40 there, bet you do miss it. Being a family man with two kids sometimes family matters came before keeping a car, so I had to sell a lot of 1/2 finished ones along the way to keep a roof over our heads sometimes. But the one I really miss is a 47 Ford Fordor sedan I had in about 1981.

I don't have any pictures left of it (the movers lost a bunch of boxes during our move to California:mad:) but it was really clean. Had been a hot rod most of it's life and only had 50,000 miles on it. The fenders were leaded to the body, which was painted dark green, and the interior was black diamond tufted. It had real Rader 5 spoke wheels and whitewalls. The guy I bought it from was going through a divorce and had tears in his eyes when I took it home. I sold it because we were moving out of State and I couldn't take it with me, and also I needed the money.:(

I've had a bunch of other cars that I wish I still had (couple of 66 GTO's, 64 Impala, Rambler with a built Olds, 32 roadster pickup, etc) but the 47 was just something special. At least I found the 46 Tudor I bought last November so I can sort of recreate the one that got away.:D

Don

the one that got away for me was my 54 chevy 5 window. i bought it running with no bed as a full project truck. had it for two months when some guy followed me back to my place and handed me $3000 cash for it (mind you, i only paid $2000 for it 2 months prior). As much as i didnt want to sell it, at that time i couldnt pass up that deal.

I don't want to overload the server, but....3 65 GTO's, 67 Fairlane GT, 65 Mustang fastback, 68 GTO, 54 Ford p/up, 63 Falcon, 289, 4sp, 68 GTX,ECT,ECT,......CR

the other few that i let get away all went to good homes and i have visitation rights to all but the 5 window and the 50 Coronet. The Nova, Chevelle, Belvedere all are with good friends and i can still go and see them when i want to.

Way back when dirt was young (or when I was a stupid kid)....I sold a 64 Falcon Sprint convertable, 32K miles, rock solid beautiful stock body, factory 4 speed....but it was anything but stock underneath. 406 Big Block with a 427 crank, .030 over, and it was topped off with the heads and dual quad intake from a Shelby GT 500, along with an early Ranchero 9" posi unit..... There was only one car locally that I never challenged, and he never challenged me....guess there was enough other pickings around the area, that we both were happy to say we never lost a race.

More recently my 39 Plymouth and my last 67 Nova are the two I wish I still had...No pics of the Falcon, but here are the 39 and 67

ply3copy.jpg

Plyside.jpg

Nova.jpg

'69 Nova These were with the new engine before paint.
Novaquadnew.jpg

Novaquad4.jpg

Novaquad2.jpg

My other I wish I hadn't sold was my '70 1/2 ton.

No pictures, but the 61 ford unibody I had is the one i wish i wouldve kept.

Now the one i regret not buying, and the one that i keep going back to and kicking myself in the rear. 1970 Mach 1 with the 351 Cleveland. The guy wanted 1000 for it, and being 16 I let my mom talk me out of it. Started right up but needed almost a full interior. No carpet or door panels, no gauges or console or headliner. So i let her talk me out of it and then I bought the 61 Uni for 1000.
And now everytime im with my mom and we see a Mach 1, I remind her how i couldve have had one of those if i didnt listen to her, lol.

Mine was a 1977 Malibu Classic
2 dr hardtop
swivel buckets
console shifter
454 / 400 turbo
Mickey Thompson N-50 x 15's
Crager SS's
355 Posi-track

And it had a bad attitude....Why did I ever let that one go?

Mine was a 50 chevy four door fleetline deluxe, I bought it for $1500 and the guy I got it from said the motor was froze and it sat on his side yard for 11 years. I filled up the tires and pulled it home the whoping 3/4 mile trip. Two weeks later I put in new points,new electric fuel pump and cleaned out the gas tank and fire it up, she ran great, little 216 and 3 on the tree. I doubled my money and bought my current project, but the whole family misses that car.:(

Latest posts

Back