they really do exist

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brchopper

I went to my daughters tennis match today and there it was in the parking lot of the high school a real drivable built rat rod. an old willies pick up on a s-10 frame chopped top with a v8.i talked to the guy for a bit. it sure was cool to see it. I think in the last two years Ive seen two drive through town.you would think that after I saw that i would of went home got in the shop and started working on mine, but I didnt.maybe tomorrow... anyway let me say to all you that are getting it done and driving it around - thank you

I've seen a chopped Willys........but not on the road :rolleyes: :D I live in a 'Two Rat' town so I don't see a Rat on the road very often but for the size of my little town (Pop. 5,000) there a lot of cool cars from restored to muscle cars to street rods and I see something on the road almost daily........and yes it is cool to see folks enjoying them.

3 rats in this town that I know of and none are driving yet. I was over to my buddies tonight and he's getting close, might take it around the block in a day or two. It's a 39 binder with a 4BT Cummins, fenderless.

I'm in a small town of 105 thousand, i drive every day it does'nt rain and have yet to see another rat on the road. =( Are there any others in south west riverside county cal. ?
Where ever you are get out there and drive, i know i have the good weather and a i take advantage of it but summers just around the cornor for the rest of the world.
Best to all> :cool:

soltz.. if you think your town of 102 thousand is small check out our town 752and that's not thousand

150,000 here and you hardly ever see a real rat.
I drive mine quite a bit and get great reactions.
Willowbilly, I thought you moved to Farmington ?

Ive seen 3 in my few years of being alert for them. One model A on bags playing with ride height in aurora (the hood part of town) so i didnt follow him despite my wanting to. This was prior to starting my build so i really wasnt educated much on them.

The second i just heard blast past me with open headers on the other side of the highway. Just caught a 1/2 second view of him.

The 3rd was the other day. Another chopped and slammed A screaming down the highway 3" off the ground! I tried to get over to him but he exited too quick and i couldn't get across the 5 lanes of busy highway :rolleyes:

I think its AWESOME to see rats out and about! You ALWAYS see rods, but rats have 6 times the character!
You can bet that im making mine to be driven, and that's all i will drive when im not working! I will even be able to use the bed so ill even take it to the Home Depot to haul trees and crap :D

I went to my daughters tennis match today and there it was in the parking lot of the high school a real drivable built rat rod. an old willies pick up on a s-10 frame chopped top with a v8.i talked to the guy for a bit. it sure was cool to see it. I think in the last two years Ive seen two drive through town.you would think that after I saw that i would of went home got in the shop and started working on mine, but I didnt.maybe tomorrow... anyway let me say to all you that are getting it done and driving it around - thank you

What part of Ind. you from, I see lots of them!! I live in Ky. and Ind. Right now I'm in Clarksville, drove it to work last couple of days!!

What part of Ind. you from, I see lots of them!! I live in Ky. and Ind. Right now I'm in Clarksville, drove it to work last couple of days!!

lagrange in. about 10 miles south of michagan line. if anyones building a rat in my area I would like to meet them.

Latest posts

Back