What does everyone do?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what do you do

Quote ... "I'm a project manager for a firm that specializes in historic (very old - mostly pre-1900) cemetery restorations."

NOW THAT IS WAY COOL ... you will have to check out the next release of Still Runnin Magazine, I shot some very awesome photos in one of the oldest cemeteries (The Hollywood Cemetery) here is Richmond, VA. I
love history, you can learn an a lot from a headstone actually, at least the old ones told a story of some sort.

What do I do ... I am the publisher of Still Runnin Magazine, it is moving into its 2nd year, still a virgin. We go to as many car shows as possible, I hunt down the older folks that we can all learn a trick or two from, and love to talk to the real people, not the rich and famous. SR is a bit different then the other rags, it's real with real folks, real cars that have taken every last dime and time of its owner. Supporting the hobby and the people who have a passion for it, not the car whores. whewww, I guess that's enough for now.

Cool thread, by the way.
Lea

Well my name is John but mostly I have been called Chuck short for Charles, which is my middle name. I am retired. I worked over seas as a translater for many years for Uncle. I see nail head is from Cape Cod. I spent some time up there back in the 50's and 60's out in a place call Marstons Mills. Real clanish back then. I am currently working on a High Boy and plan on driving it to the Cape when it is finished. I hope to have it done by this Spring

tired of desk job!

I'm an estimator, project manager, AutoCAD drafter, & former welder of bulk material handling conveyors, radial stackers, overland, stationary systems for coal, aggregate, sand, gravel, gypsum, limestone, copper, etc. Would like to get away from the desk and fab things again...wish the pay was as good.:(

This is a 60" belt 200' long cable suspended variable height radial stacker with galvanized frame that we provided to a customer. It's in Wilmington, NC.

628470-R1-08-9.jpg
[/IMG]

Well here is what I do. I have always been in a managment/ customer service field. I started my professional career managing a k-mart store until it closed due to a lack of business. I then went on to work for a large family owned jewelry chain. Well recently times got tough for them and my position was eliminated. I currently work all of the odd jobs I can find and sell phones part time for Alltel. Next week I go to take my civil service test in hopes of becoming a state police officer. i guess we will see where life takes me next.

i am a metal fabricator, worked for a job shop for two years now focusing on doin my own thing

btw i think i saw rev grimm 13 askin for money on the corner

occupation

I am a mechanic, working on other peoples junk all day. skinning up the knuckles, that sorts stuff. Build and paint cars on the side in my shop. expanded into motorcycles this year, seems the gas prices have brought alot of them out of the garage/barn. People are wanting them running again. Prior to that I worked as a mechanical engineer for the auto companies, 26 years of that was enough for me. Got tired of working for the man.

I keep the people working for the Tennessee State Unemployment Office employed by providing them with someone to process weekly claims for. Not surprising It's a fast growing field here in Tennessee and I'm getting really good at it! Does anybody realize how hard it is to support yourself AND buy parts on $250.00 a week? :confused: If this is Obama's idea of change - It sucks a**!!

Thunder

Last edited:
hey thunder- when obama was elected it was on the platform of "change"....now that he's pres. people are hopin to have CHANGE left after 4yrs!!:eek:

bumper stickers: Hey Barack we're Ba-roke!!!
the big 3 couldn't sell me a car so they took my tax money
hey pres. -do you know what a trillion looks like?
Who's going to bail ME out??

sorry couldn't help myself:D

BTW i'm an ordained missionary baptist pastor-10yrs- was autobody tech 14yrs. even with my own shop for 2-3yrs before going to a "full-time" pastorate in '06

just came across this thread for the last 6 years I have been a truck pusher, moving oil rigs before that I spent my life as an over the road trucker

Latest posts

Back