1934 Ford 5 Window Coupe Traditional Hot Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that fur on the dash? That's the one thing I would change - at least on the gauge panel - needs a nicely carved piece of wood.

Unbelievable!!!!

Funny... I was thinking the same thing! Then I thought... no way! But maybe way!?! What say ye DMW?

BoB

What, you guys don't like furry dashes! Uh, Yes it is! [S
But it can be fixed.

Man, I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Oh well, I haven't been able to sleep the last week thinking about this car!

Man, I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Oh well, I haven't been able to sleep the last week thinking about this car!

Yep, he's one of us! A real car nut! Good for you Don!
402471-1.gif

Just consider it!

You know Don, I've been thinking about your situation and It seems to me that your probably running out of room to store all your projects. That being the case - I think you should strongly consider sending your 51 F1 to Tennessee to live at my new charity - the Ford F1 Pickup Santuary.
The F1's that come to live here will be constantly maintained and driven daily and will get lots of loving attention. We except any F1 in any condition from basket cases to running trucks. As a matter of fact there's already a basket case 51 F1 living at the santuary and it's very happy here. The F1's have a huge fenced and paved parking/storage area to park in and a ASE Certified Hot Rod Mechanic is on 24 hour call for any maintenance or other concerns.
I know you don't want to see your F1 suffer from a lack of attention or use because of all the new projects you've picked up lately so give it some thought and let me know.
I'm just really concerned about the Pumpkin Chunker getting all the attention it deserves now that your getting that 34 and want to help out if I can. [dr By the way, Joseph has the same concerns about your Chevelle. :D

Don,You my friend are a very lucky man to have found a perfectly preserved 34.

I would slap the wheels back on it and run that flatty with the trans till it starts to give you trouble. Then think of upgrading the drivetrain.

Man what a find.

well, i too want to see it flatty powered-(not that my opinion matters:D)

i'm thinking upgrades later - possibly to an edelbrock heads equipped, three duece fed "super flatty" [dr

some caps-n-rings and wide whites on the pavement and a traditional theme thru-out.........

but as long as you're the one working on it, i'm sure it will be sweet --even if you "modernize it";)

p.s.--one of my all time favorite 33-34's was in a streetrodder a few yrs ago called "cherrybomb" --looked all traditional outside, wide white cheaterslicks etc.-- but with a serious dose of sbc horsepower under the hood and a 6 spd gearbox---really cool-and really fast....

well, i too want to see it flatty powered-(not that my opinion matters:D)

i'm thinking upgrades later - possibly to an edelbrock heads equipped, three duece fed "super flatty" [dr

some caps-n-rings and wide whites on the pavement and a traditional theme thru-out.........

QUOTE]

Your opinion does matter as a matter of fact everyone one this forum opinions' matter to me. You guys have some good ideas and thoughts and I respect them.

Yes, I will keep the flatty for now. I've really wanted a flathead V8 car. I'll get this one running for now just to get it back on the road sooner and to keep the cost down. And if I do replace it I'll use it in my next Rat Rod build the 30 Model A pick up.

I will keep this one as original and period correct as possible. For wheels I'll use the ones on it with trim rings and baby moons. I need to take a really good look at the tires that are on it now. They look like new but are old don't know if they have rotted or not i don't thinkthey i have been out in the sun at all.

It has the early engine. Do they have Edelbrock heads for those? I haven't seen them anywhere. I have seen multi carb manifold for the 32-37 engines.

Man, I'm excited, I never thought I'd ever own a car like that this! Keep your hopes and dreams alive boys they can come true!

well, i don't know much about flatheads, to be quite honest about it, but what i was thinking was get this one running-as is- and build up a "hot" version-maybe the 40's style with the heads&carbs mentioned......
and then bolt it in later......but now you have my interest in that "other" project mentioned........it surely needs a flatty, too:D

Sealed the deal yesterday signed a sales agreement and had it notorized. Got the paper work. I own a 1934 Ford 5 Window!!! [cl[cl
Never in a million year did I ever think I'd own something like that.

congrats! that is def. one cool piece of automotive history, and i'm glad to see someone get it that will appreciate it AND drive it....:D

I'm so very happy for you. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Frig I'm so jealous[dr.

Latest posts

Back