1934 Ford 5 Window Coupe Traditional Hot Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, my best guess on the steering wheel is '55 Mercury
423603-2.gif

that's pretty cool, after reading the updates on this thread ....one thing seems to be in this almost empty head of mine.......

i can see Don walking around singing " i'm so excited, and i just can't hide it, i'm about to lose control and i think i want to...":D:p[cl

(well he might not be, but I KNOW I WOULD BE IF I HAD A 34 COUPE IN MY POSSESSION!!!!!)[dr

Man, the lights just went on. The coupe already has been converted to '40 Ford hydraulic brakes, which is good. But I have access to a '47 Lincoln parts car. Lincoln front brakes!!! Also the Lincoln wheels will accept the '40 Ford hubcaps I've got also.

Does anyone know if Buick drums can be used on the Lincoln backing plates with the same modifications as a Ford backing plate and hubs.

gastrick I believe don has baracaded himself in this barn armed with a shotgun said something like chip if ya try takin' this 34 i'm gonna shoot :D

Well. I haven't got it home yet. I really need to sell one or two to make room for the 34. It's fine where it at right now. Plus been busy getting the other cars for sale and have sold 3 of the others already and getting them ready for transport.

I plan on taking the brakes off the 47 Lincoln 4 door which will be sold as a parts car anyway and using them on the 34. They are self energizing 12" drums. Lots of little things I need to locate and fix.

But I need to finish the Stude before I start this one. Just waiting for the snow to melt!!!!

Well I got a great deal on another flathead. It's a newly rebuilt 1948 59AB. The guy just finished it for his car but has changed directions and wants to run a SBC. I heard it run and it sounds fine. Rebuilt by an older Gentleman so I think it was done right. I will probably run this engine instead of the 51 Mercury engine. The only change I need to do is change to the fan mounted generator on the 36 Flathead to be able to run the 59AB. There isn't much room between the fan and the radiator.

I've also bought an Offy 2X2 manifold and finned Al heads for the 59AB.

003.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

It also has a new rebuilt clutch and pressure plate.
010.jpg

I also got these 16" Ford "smoothies" and will use the 40 Stabdard Hub caps I found in the car with some ribbed trim rings. Probably run 6.00 X 16 fronts and 7.50 X 16 rears.

008.jpg

009.jpg

029-1.jpg

The guy threw in a box of parts a couple of Ford/Holley 58AB carbs, fuel pump and this old air cleaner.

011.jpg

Got another Mercury flathead. I pulled it out of a 1953 Ford Victoria. I sold the Vic to a guy for parts but I kept the engine and trans. It came with a set of tube headers I'll use on the 34. Engine turns over freely.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

I also got a pair of Offy Aluminum heads and 2 X 2 Manifold. I've got 5 Holley 94's but would rather have 2 good Stomberg 97s because they have different power valves and won't run rich under low vacuum loads.

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back