1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike .... Pm sent

No, it's not like that at all.... at least at our local Wal-mart. :eek:

Anyhow Corpo, you've really been kickin' at this thing since I checked in last!

Wall mart I hope not...that store makes me angry... Lol

Thanks sam... Parking next to you at torque fest next year!

Seat belts...

Went with a kinda cool set up from a 70 Corvette... its a fixed lap belt with a shoulder strap on a retractor. I didnt want to just do lap belts being that the steering wheel is pretty close... and then i also didnt want to go with a standard 3 point set up as the seat belts would always be across the seats when not in use.. this was the cleanest way I could pull this off

I plated the rear cab structure (which is now behind the rear trim) in order to make a pull through point for the shoulder belt... You can also see that dad put in some sound deadner in the back of the cab..... Still need to trim down the screws around the window

Heres how the set belt works.. its got a tab that the sholder strap hooks too...

Im going to need to make new covers for that plastic piece on the adjuster side of the lap belt.. maybe some copper sheet???

You ever look at something and say.. " i got a piece thats going to work just right"???

well it was really close after i finally found them... random brackets from something... and it was so close to working with out modifying.. but on the right is unmodified.. left is what i needed (Of course they were fully welded before i installed them)

and heres when it is installed... mounted through an origonal hole in the B pillar that mounts the floor to the pillar via that weird curved bracket

Very carefully brought it back down to the ground.... First time since it came apart... I was hoping to roll it out and fire it up and test all the electrical systems but Mother Nature said no... Got the windshield in!

I have been following this thread for some time now - I have forgotten though - is the steel clear-coated? Love that look!

Hey Corpo,

Been quite a while since I checked in, but when I finally did, I see that you actually have it on the ground again.

Looking so good!

Congratulations, and kudos for keeping on with it.

Thanks Guys... i kinda forgot how low it was so use to looking at it on jack stands... Its super tricky jacking it up.. not really a good place to do it.. Im basically going to be screwed on the side of the road..

Bkvail- yes clear coated.. every now and then it starts to get a spot.. so I just bury it in more clear..

thanks truckster..! dont forget about us.. just because you sold ur project..

Dont u know once a member .... member for life.. No way out haha

Well after sorting out a couple of massive fuel leaks ( did u know fittings are supposed to be tight? Crazy )and pouring most of that gas on to the floor of the garage.. This is where I got to before running out of gas... I'm not sure what the problem is but I am getting a constant signal to my starter when the key is on... So once we fired it... Dad just pulled the wire off the starter...

Once we got fuel back in her...

I was running at full inflate..

Couple of more on previous page

I was grinning from ear to ear ... Some issues to sort out but it went and it stopped (sort of ) :)

Latest posts

Back